Squad 2022

9 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

If we get promoted all will be forgiven. If we don’t we’ll revisit this moment and say Big Mac got it wrong. I’m sure he’s aware of that. 

He 's a proven manager/ coach so we have to trust him,he's said Chisholm is a good player just doesn't fit his system.

• Like 2

CHIZZY going makes me wonder if Tom will soon follow him out of the door and is this some sort of cunning plan to free up some dosh to bring in a player BM want's

• Like 1

30 Players contracted for 2022

8 Backs:

28 Mark Kheirallah 2022

4 Craig Hall 2022, 2023

5 Gareth Gale 2022, 2023

1 Brandon Pickersgill 2022

18 Josh Hardcastle 2022, 2023 INJURED

17 Ben Hellewell 2022

2 Luke Briscoe 2022

3 Joey Leilua 2022

5 + 1 to arrive Pivots:

20 Morgan Smith 2022

14 Matty Wildie 2022

9 Connor Jones 2022

25 Bayley Gill 2022 INJURED

28 Ryley Jacks 2022

+ 29 Johnathon Ford 2022

10 Forwards:

11 Brett Ferres 2022

15 John Davies 2022

8 Craig Kopczak 2022

16 Junior Moors 2022

12 Jesse Sene-Lefao 2022

13 Jack Bussey 2022

10 James Lockwood 2022

21 Luke Cooper 2022, 2023

26 Adam Cuthbertson 2022

31 Tyla Hepi 2022 2023

6 Out on loan:

6 Tom Holmes 2022

19 Callum Field 2022, 2023

22 Kyle Trout 2022

23 Louie McConnell 2022

24 Jacob Doyle 2022

30 Ben Mathiou 2022

20 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

30 Players contracted for 2022

8 Backs:

28 Mark Kheirallah 2022

4 Craig Hall 2022, 2023

5 Gareth Gale 2022, 2023

1 Brandon Pickersgill 2022

18 Josh Hardcastle 2022, 2023 INJURED

c17 Ben Hellewell 2022

2 Luke Briscoe 2022

3 Joey Leilua 2022

Interesting you've listed 17 Ben Hellewell 2022 as a back when we signed him as a forward Yes I know he's been playing centre but do you honestly think without the injuries he would have ever been  considered first choice I think you should put him back where he belongs strong running second row forward

11 Forwards:

17 Ben Hellewell 2022

🤣

Hellewell is the only player out of the 4 i listed as not good enough for a top 4 Championship side still with us and not out on loan.I still don't rate him above any of our other players but he has been a handy substitute to cover positions due to injuries.As a squad player i would have him in 25 but not anywhere near the best 19.

19 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Hellewell is the only player out of the 4 i listed as not good enough for a top 4 Championship side still with us and not out on loan.I still don't rate him above any of our other players but he has been a handy substitute to cover positions due to injuries.As a squad player i would have him in 25 but not anywhere near the best 19.

He was very good v Bradford t'other week.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I disagree S leigh wanted to keep him but Ben wanted to move closer to home hence FEV and you forget a player not good enough for a top 4 Championship side played 22 times in SL last year

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes scored 2 but let 1 in and had a part of another one being scored against us.He ran good lines for his tries but much more skill with the passer.

Disagree again S  the lad was running away not towards Ben when he got the ball and when he scored he was a good three yards away Ben would have needed to have arms like Stretch Armstrong  to make a tackle and no where near other two 

55 minutes ago, POR said:

I disagree S leigh wanted to keep him but Ben wanted to move closer to home hence FEV and you forget a player not good enough for a top 4 Championship side played 22 times in SL last year

Disagree again S  the lad was running away not towards Ben when he got the ball and when he scored he was a good three yards away Ben would have needed to have arms like Stretch Armstrong  to make a tackle and no where near other two 

Yes i thoght he was in the attempt tackle for Bulls first try but it was Locky.He got caughrt between players for their last try if he had gone for either i wouldn't fault him but to be caught between the two is poor defence.I will adjust my judgement on his ability to say not good enough for top 2 Championship sides.Which players in our 19 would you leave out for him if everyone is fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes i thoght he was in the attempt tackle for Bulls first try but it was Locky.He got caughrt between players for their last try if he had gone for either i wouldn't fault him but to be caught between the two is poor defence.I will adjust my judgement on his ability to say not good enough for top 2 Championship sides.Which players in our 19 would you leave out for him if everyone is fit.

If everyone was fit he would be o nearer than me to start in the 13 but off the bench you could put him alongside coops and ferres

26 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Matthew Shaw linking us with a loan deal for Sosaia Feki from Cas. Presumably related to Gale's injury. Feki scored 67 tries in the NRL but has only just returned after being plagued with injuries since signing for Cas.

SO it looks like bye bye Jacob Doyle

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Doyle? It'd be the end of Gaz Gale........

On the wing  maybe  M but with the size  and speed of him ideal for BM to turn him into  fast strong running second row

I really like Gaz Gale a lot, and I don't think we need a new winger, but the idea of him rapidly becoming good enough to get selected at second row ahead of John Davies, Jack Bussey, Jess Sene-Lefao, Brett Ferres, Junior Moors, Ben Hellewell, etc. any time soon would be a tall order.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I really like Gaz Gale a lot, and I don't think we need a new winger, but the idea of him rapidly becoming good enough to get selected at second row ahead of John Davies, Jack Bussey, Jess Sene-Lefao, Brett Ferres, Junior Moors, Ben Hellewell, etc. any time soon would be a tall order.

BUT we are willing Sometimes to pick the smaller  Josh Hardcastle 🤣 

You can see how GG brings the ball out of defence and how carries players in the tackle including opposition  forwards BUT I'm not saying  bang him straight in just let BM work his magic and see what happens 

3 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Looking at it I think it’s only a short term loan with both Hardcastle and Gale injured it leaves us a little bit light in the 3/4s

All the noises coming out of the carpet carriers fans gobs says it's for a month:kolobok_blum2:

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

2-week initial period according to Cas Twitter

Castleford Tigers @CTRLFC
Sosaia Feki joins Featherstone Rovers on an initial two-week loan The winger has been working on getting back to match fitness and will have the opportunity to gain valuable game minutes with the Championship club

And Fev Twitter, who also report Callum Field going to Widnes for the remainder of the season