Squad 2022

• 2 weeks later...

Sam Eseh joins on season-long loan (with recall clause) from Wakefield.

Big unit whio gave us plenty of problems when he played for Barrow against us.

Fills a need with the announcement that Lockwood is out for a month with a broken hand and Koppy is also injured.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/sam-eseh-joins-the-blue-wall-L6udn/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

When you see the reviews Eseh got when playing for Barrow this looks like a great signing. 

His main strength from what I've seen is his offload game. He's tall but not especially bulky at this stage of his career, and defensively he's very much a work in progress. But given our situation with middles at the moment the signing makes a lot of sense.

It's not as if you haven't got a squad that's big enough or good enough to cover the losses. Would you have taken him if he hadn't played well against you? Probably not. So is your recruitment policy we will buy whoever plays well against us whilst disregarding all the other teams to ensure promotion at any cost?

2 minutes ago, steve75 said:

It's not as if you haven't got a squad that's big enough or good enough to cover the losses. Would you have taken him if he hadn't played well against you? Probably not. So is your recruitment policy we will buy whoever plays well against us whilst disregarding all the other teams to ensure promotion at any cost?

He's the type of forward we need. A young go ahead prop, plus we've two forwards out with injuries. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

He's the type of forward we need. A young go ahead prop, plus we've two forwards out with injuries. 

I'm sure you have enough forwards to cover them though!

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

He's not your player! He plays for the club five miles up the road from us and we have suddenly lost two of our starting middles. I'm not sure what your issue is here.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He's not your player! He plays for the club five miles up the road from us and we have suddenly lost two of our starting middles. I'm not sure what your issue is here.

Where did I say he "was our player" - nowhere! All I asked was do you not have a squad big enough to cover your injuries or do you just go and buy players to cover them? Can you honestly say if he hadn't played well against you that you were already thinking of signing him - probably not! That was basically my point!

26 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Where did I say he "was our player" - nowhere! All I asked was do you not have a squad big enough to cover your injuries or do you just go and buy players to cover them? Can you honestly say if he hadn't played well against you that you were already thinking of signing him - probably not! That was basically my point!

Fair does. He did look to play well for your lads. I wouldn't worry too much, if he impresses, he'll probably be back at Trinity before the end of the season. Perhaps it was better for him as well, with less travelling. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season mate.

11 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Can you honestly say if he hadn't played well against you that you were already thinking of signing him - probably not! That was basically my point!

So if we'd spotted him playing well in, say, your televised game against York, that would be ok, but because he played well against us, that's somehow not ok for us to be interested in him?  That makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So if we'd spotted him playing well in, say, your televised game against York, that would be ok, but because he played well against us, that's somehow not ok for us to be interested in him?  That makes no sense.

He's Wakefield's player so up to them which team he plays for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Fair does. He did look to play well for your lads. I wouldn't worry too much, if he impresses, he'll probably be back at Trinity before the end of the season. Perhaps it was better for him as well, with less travelling. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season mate.

Thank you mate! Good luck to you to but I don't believe you will need luck you have the squad to succeed! Good to have a discussion without people falling out and people can see  it from both points of view!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No my point is where you watching him before he played well for us against you or was the decision made on just that game!

4 minutes ago, steve75 said:

No my point is where you watching him before he played well for us against you or was the decision made on just that game!

Who knows? We just know he's come to Fev.

8 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Thank you mate! Good luck to you to but I don't believe you will need luck you have the squad to succeed! Good to have a discussion without people falling out and people can see  it from both points of view!

Very well put.

• Like 1