Squad 2022

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Absolutely. Anyone who think the current SL incumbents will vote for an income reduction is living in la la land..... 

That shows are interested they are in anything below SL.

13 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Hell will freeze over before this happens

This is not coming from the RFL  ROB t's from people who don't want to see TO relegated if wakey were cut off at the bottom there would be no mention of fourteen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Not what we need at present.Two big middles (props) are vital.Although he does score tries so that may help.But he is only 22 so i better not grumble.As always i will judge him by his contribution to the team.

I'd say that we definitely need strengthening in the backs, given we had to play a hooker at centre against Leigh. 

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I'd say that we definitely need strengthening in the backs, given we had to play a hooker at centre against Leigh. 

Boradbent is a second row, stand off, centre or wingman. Hopefully he will be an asset.

Regarding our need to sign forwards to match our rivals, I would hazard a guess that the club are acutely aware of where our deficiencies are in that regard. 

I assume (rightly or wrongly) that the club is straining every sinew to sign the players we need but perhaps they’re just not available?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

Regarding our need to sign forwards to match our rivals, I would hazard a guess that the club are acutely aware of where our deficiencies are in that regard. 

I assume (rightly or wrongly) that the club is straining every sinew to sign the players we need but perhaps they’re just not available?

Yup. Same for SL clubs, never mind Championship clubs.

How bad are the injuries to Kheirellah and Pickersgill ? If they're going to be out 2 or 3 weeks, it makes sense to bring Broadbent in. Until I hear different it gives Hall an opening to play either centre or winger. Jones will revert to hooker as Wildie is banned for 2 games. As for forwards as been mentioned earlier, I think the club are active in trying to get that big forward we're lacking to take us forward.

Woo, a prop! 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Well i don't know what to make of this one.Down as second row forward but at 6ft 3in and over 16 stone is big enough and at 26 the right age.Played for Leigh though and they didn't offer him a contract so not good enough for them.Just reading his Wiki page got sent off for fighting against Wigan so that shows promise.And had a fight with a dry stone wall,  outside his girlfriends house.I don't think the wall will have lost that one.The girls can make us do daft things at times.Probably in to boost numbers but we will have to judge him by his efforts.Looks like we are shopping at Netto(oops).

28 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well i don't know what to make of this one.Down as second row forward but at 6ft 3in and over 16 stone is big enough and at 26 the right age.Played for Leigh though and they didn't offer him a contract so not good enough for them.Just reading his Wiki page got sent off for fighting against Wigan so that shows promise.And had a fight with a dry stone wall,  outside his girlfriends house.I don't think the wall will have lost that one.The girls can make us do daft things at times.Probably in to boost numbers but we will have to judge him by his efforts.Looks like we are shopping at Netto(oops).

He was on a season long loan at Leigh from the Giants, so I don't think it was a case of him not being good enough for them.