Squad 2022

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

He was on a season long loan at Leigh from the Giants, so I don't think it was a case of him not being good enough for them.

But Leigh didn't try to sign him.How did he go on when he played for Rochdale?.Ian Watson is a good judge of players though and must have seen something in him to sign  for Giants.I have e mailed my daughter who supports Giants to ask her opinion but she dosn't rush to reply to my e mails.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

But Leigh didn't try to sign him.How did he go on when he played for Rochdale?.Ian Watson is a good judge of players though and must have seen something in him to sign  for Giants.I have e mailed my daughter who supports Giants to ask her opinion but she dosn't rush to reply to my e mails.

She'll be on her phone ( they usually are lol) text her.

Considering the impact so far and the fact he will be on top money has Fords signing been a mistake.Can't see him getting the stand off role while Smith keeps putting in good performances.He probably needs more game time to gel with the team but how does he fit in?.I can't get my head round we let Chizzy go because there was no place for him and replace him with Ford who we can't find a starting position for.

57 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Considering the impact so far and the fact he will be on top money has Fords signing been a mistake.Can't see him getting the stand off role while Smith keeps putting in good performances.He probably needs more game time to gel with the team but how does he fit in?.I can't get my head round we let Chizzy go because there was no place for him and replace him with Ford who we can't find a starting position for.

You could argue though that Ford's arrival has caused Smith to raise his game though? I think most of us thought Smith would be the player replaced by Ford but he's played well enough to keep his place, which is probably how it should be.

I think one way or another we might see more of Ford in the next couple of games. He's the obvious replacement at left-side half back if Jacks isn't fit this weekend, but if Ryley has recovered, then Smith might be asked to help cover the 9 position whilst Wildie is suspended leaving an opening on the right side for Ford.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2022 at 14:23, Fevrover said:

ID like to know what's happening with Craig Hall ,the natives are certainly restless and not happy.

The latest edition of "Up Next" has just been released on the Millennium Stadium Facebook page and Mac is asked specifically about Hall and I think gives some honest answers, including the comment "I don't think we're going to do anything special this year without having Hally somewhere near the team", which should put some of the rumours to bed.

Lots of interesting stuff including a few comments on injuries (though not all the injured players were covered). It doesn't sound like good news about Koppy whose torn pec means it's very doubtful he will play again this season according to Mac, it wasn't surprising to hear that Koppy had been playing whilst banged up anyway as I don't think he looked at his best since returning and was clearly not his usual self, including against Leigh.

• Thanks 1

That would  explain how easily he was beaten  by Asiata against Leigh when they scored their second try.Koppy's leg seemed to give way under him although the change of direction by acting half caught Hellewell out as well.He needs to listen to his body saying enough is enough and call it a day.When he has played i think he has always been an asset to the team and the supporters took to hjm.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The latest edition of "Up Next" has just been released on the Millennium Stadium Facebook page and Mac is asked specifically about Hall and I think gives some honest answers, including the comment "I don't think we're going to do anything special this year without having Hally somewhere near the team", which should put some of the rumours to bed.

Lots of interesting stuff including a few comments on injuries (though not all the injured players were covered). It doesn't sound like good news about Koppy whose torn pec means it's very doubtful he will play again this season according to Mac, it wasn't surprising to hear that Koppy had been playing whilst banged up anyway as I don't think he looked at his best since returning and was clearly not his usual self, including against Leigh.

Definitely worth a listen, pretty honest views given. Sadly I can't see Koppy featuring again, shame, as he's been great for us.

Springer signing now confirmed on the club website
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/gadwin-springer-back-in-the-blue-wall-PhnS2/

Many fans have been complaining about the lack of size and grunt in our middles, so fair play to the club because it's very difficult finding players in that position right now and we have signed Eseh and Ashforth (on loan) and now Springer.

Whether we can translate that into a more solid unit, and one that can restrict opponents' yardage in particular, we will see.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

• 2 weeks later...

Current 26 man squad plus 5 out on loan

8 Backs:

28 Mark Kheirallah (out for 2022)

4 Craig Hall

5 Gareth Gale

1 Brandon Pickersgill

18 Josh Hardcastle

34 Jack Broadbent (on loan)

2 Luke Briscoe

3 Joey Leilua

5  Pivots:

20 Morgan Smith

14 Matty Wildie

9 Connor Jones

28 Ryley Jacks

29 Johnathon Ford

13 Forwards:

11 Brett Ferres

15 John Davies

8 Craig Kopczak (out for 2022)

16 Junior Moors

12 Jesse Sene-Lefao

13 Jack Bussey

10 James Lockwood

17 Ben Hellewell

21 Luke Cooper

26 Adam Cuthbertson

31 Tyla Hepi

32 Sam Eseh (on loan)

35 Gadwin Springer

5 Out on loan:

25 Bayley Gill

19 Callum Field

23 Louie McConnell

24 Jacob Doyle

30 Ben Mathiou

3 Left:

6 Tom Holmes

7 Dane Chisholm

22 Kyle Trout

I know that McD is determined to push for SL by buying/loans as many players as he can  lay his hands on, but we are not short of wingers. I do not think that getting Lineham from Wakey on loan is a good idea. I say NO THANKS>

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, haskey said:

I know that McD is determined to push for SL by buying/loans as many players as he can  lay his hands on, but we are not short of wingers. I do not think that getting Lineham from Wakey on loan is a good idea. I say NO THANKS>

Hard lines, Wakey have confirmed it.

I'm assuming this is confirmation that you've given up on promotion this year? He has been comically poor for us.

3 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Hard lines, Wakey have confirmed it.

I'm assuming this is confirmation that you've given up on promotion this year? He has been comically poor for us.

New lease of life ? Might be better away from Wakey, who knows yet ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

So do i, if it is i don't understand it.

Probably trying to free some money up towards Linehams wages.Who has done very little in the last 3 years.Prior to that he scored an average 2 tries in every 3 SL games.For 18 months i would much prefer Ryan Hall who has been in decent form this season.And Hull KR have brought Senior in on the same wing,loan this season and then signed on.Wildie couldn't turn a chance to return to SL down but i would rather we kept him he does work hard.Although i would  have liked us to keep Parata instead of Wildie.Springer couldn't refuse a full time contract and i wanted to keep him.Glad we have him back.