Squad 2022

Mac is hard on players who let him down and Gale had a couple of poor games.So he has brought in a replacement .Wouldn't have been my choice but lets see what he does on the field.If Ford gets injured which might happen,Smith back to 6 and down to 0ne number 9 + Bussey who could do it in an emergency.

1 hour ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Hard lines, Wakey have confirmed it.

I'm assuming this is confirmation that you've given up on promotion this year? He has been comically poor for us.

Is it safe to say that quite a few Wakey players have been comically poor? Have you given up on staying in Super League?🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Feels like what we're seeing at the moment is the consequence of having a squad signed up before the coach arrived. BMc obviously wants to put his own stamp on things and bring in his own players, question is will a single season be enough. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Is it safe to say that quite a few Wakey players have been comically poor? Have you given up on staying in Super League?🤣🤣🤣

Our chances of staying in super league have massively increased by getting rid of that useless lump. You’ll see soon enough he’s not fit to lace Briscoe & Gales boots. Good luck with him, you’ll need it. 

10 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Had a bad injury which didn't help him ever get going with Wakey. For me, it's a decent signing, a big winger who will match up against Leigh's wingers.

Lineham matching Ferguson or Inu. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Our chances of staying in super league have massively increased by getting rid of that useless lump. You’ll see soon enough he’s not fit to lace Briscoe & Gales boots. Good luck with him, you’ll need it. 

It's to be hoped you stay up after finally sorting ground out. Going to be interesting now Toulouse seem to be getting better.

9 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

That's what I thought too.

He was half decent 5 years ago. Nowadays, not so much.

Featherstone Rovers

@FevRoversRLFC ·3m

LOAN | Ben Hellewell will join @SalfordDevils for a two week loan period. Best of luck Ben!

If nothing else, this probably tells us that Josh is ready to play. With Leilua, Hall and Hardy at centre, and Moors, Bussey, JD and JSL all able to cover back row, this probably makes sense.

Am unconvinced about the Lineham move given how he looked in the pre-season game against us and what Wakefield fans have said, but I suppose what it reflects is that Gaz Gale just hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons, he was a beast at times last year but we haven't seen much of that this year. Whether Lineham is an upgrade remains to be seen.

38 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Featherstone Rovers

@FevRoversRLFC ·3m

LOAN | Ben Hellewell will join @SalfordDevils for a two week loan period. Best of luck Ben!

If nothing else, this probably tells us that Josh is ready to play. With Leilua, Hall and Hardy at centre, and Moors, Bussey, JD and JSL all able to cover back row, this probably makes sense.

Am unconvinced about the Lineham move given how he looked in the pre-season game against us and what Wakefield fans have said, but I suppose what it reflects is that Gaz Gale just hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons, he was a beast at times last year but we haven't seen much of that this year. Whether Lineham is an upgrade remains to be seen.

Isn't currently playing, hopefully keeps him match fit, covers his wages. Makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

37 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Isn't currently playing, hopefully keeps him match fit, covers his wages. Makes perfect sense to me. 

We currently has someone in the back row who couldn't tackle a good dinner.So poor it is unbelievable for a player who has played at the top level.

54 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We currently has someone in the back row who couldn't tackle a good dinner.So poor it is unbelievable for a player who has played at the top level.

I wasn't commenting on whether he should be playing, just on why a loan makes sense given he isn't. 😉

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Strange that. A lot of moans about Joey before last weekend about his attitude and lack of interest, players have been dropped for less, Yes but why does Big Mac still persist with picking Ferres. He moves in a most mysterious way does he not our revered coach???

• Like 2

If Wlidie has gone it would amaze me but I should not be surprised given what has happened already.

Hellewell thought good enough for Salford but can't make our squad. Strangely I thought he had been playing his best rugby and was a bit of a Mac favourite before being left out.

Hall. Made a couple of bad footballing decisions. I could have understood it if it had been an effort or attitude thing but don't believe it was.

Chizzy. Don't go there. I don't want to think about it. Then there's Tom Holmes.

I can understand a few tweaks and the chance to improve when the opportunity arises. Killer being a massive plus before his awful injury. 

But the chopping of the squad can't do anything for morale. It's hard to believe the players can consider that they are part of a tight group. Camaraderie can't be great imo.

• Like 1