Squad 2022

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Mentions Wakey as well, who must be desperate for players.

looks like it M Jay Pitts has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery on his hand, and Max Jowitt will be sidelined for the next few weeks with a hamstring strain.

2 hours ago, POR said:

looks like it M Jay Pitts has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery on his hand, and Max Jowitt will be sidelined for the next few weeks with a hamstring strain.

Also wouldn't have thought that another back would be a priority, although I do like Shaul.

Whatever we do better pull our figer out because any club wishing to bolster their squad before the end of the season will have to complete deals before tea time on Friday, July 22nd.

16 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Think that it's transfer deadline day on Friday. Reckon we'll bring anyone in?. Personally I think that we are probably done for the season.

Might get Shaul over t'line. Be surprised if there's owt else..... but then being surprised is a common occurrence 

18 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Think that it's transfer deadline day on Friday. Reckon we'll bring anyone in?. Personally I think that we are probably done for the season.

The fact that if one comes in another goes out probably shows we have spent up.If the players stay fit and  we play with a settled team the season will still depend on a couple of games.Leigh have been on top form most of the season lets hope they suffer a dip at some point.

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The fact that if one comes in another goes out probably shows we have spent up.If the players stay fit and  we play with a settled team the season will still depend on a couple of games.Leigh have been on top form most of the season lets hope they suffer a dip at some point.

Starting with the bash lol - if only !

3 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Starting with the bash lol - if only !

I think we are capable of playing better but we have had injuries and Mac is shuffling the team about to find improvement.Can't blame him for that bur we need to field a settled side from now on to build for the crucial games.We have not produce a really good full 80 min more than a couple of times this season against weaker teams.Seen some funny results in my time watching the game so my glass is half full.😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I think we are capable of playing better but we have had injuries and Mac is shuffling the team about to find improvement.Can't blame him for that bur we need to field a settled side from now on to build for the crucial games.We have not produce a really good full 80 min more than a couple of times this season against weaker teams.Seen some funny results in my time watching the game so my glass is half full.😎

I've seen it all supporting Rovers in last 51 years but it's a funny un this season lol. 

35 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I've seen it all supporting Rovers in last 51 years but it's a funny un this season lol. 

It's 49 yrs since my first game. I've seen better, but I've seen a whole lot worse too. Those season that lead to us being relegated to the ar se end of rugby. Jeez it was hard following fev through those years.

It'll be reight.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's 49 yrs since my first game. I've seen better, but I've seen a whole lot worse too. Those season that lead to us being relegated to the ar se end of rugby. Jeez it was hard following fev through those years.

It'll be reight.

Saw someone on FB post something to the effect that they'd been supporting Fev for 60+  years and never felt so disillusioned. Jeez, the recency bias is strong with some people!

Leaving aside things like the player's strike in 1978, the proposed mergers and the SL fiasco of 1995/96, going into administration in 2002 and the couple of years in National League Two, there have been plenty of ups and downs even in the massively successful Mark Campbell era.

Consider...the shambolic if short-lived reign of John Bastian...the frequent embarrassments of the Feisal involvement....the 29-0 home defeat against Whitehaven just after we failed to make the play-offs in 2015...frequently being unable to field a full 17 players towards the end of the 2018 season...the position we found ourselves in at the start of the 2019 season, when there were only about 9 players training and for our first pre-season game at Cas we fielded 9 triallists including Ryan Bailey and Jordan Tansey and got pummelled by basically their academy team.

We're some way off where we'd like to be for sure, and short term it's probably hard to enthuse about this season, but long-term I reckon we're still in a  pretty good place and a bit of context wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 6

we need to wait on seasons end to take stock people arguing about coach and team selection will have to come down a mighty long way should mac do it we are not there yet let the season unfold first we are second at the moment to the best championship side ever assembled in my oppinion and have still a chance of going up.

• Like 1

After all the earlier posts about doom & gloom. WE should be proud that we have one of the best stadiums in the whole of the leagues. Not , of course, not the playing surface. but the  stadium. Profits from hospitality are all ours. I can think of a few SL clubs that do not own their stadiums , but still shelling out on Aussies instead of pushing our own UK  players. 

1 minute ago, Bulls2487 said:

Dan Fleming is signing for Fev

Think its a relief for most Bulls fans as he was awful majority of the time. JK kept him because of the Wales connection. Dunning hasn't played him since taking over.

Hope he's as awful as Chisholm and Pickersgill.

• Like 1

Strange one this for me, it's a long time since I've seen Fleming play well. I wouldn't worry that he was poor at Bradford because that's a basket case of a club but he didn't impress me at Fax either bar one game at the Summer Bash where he played really well but that was years ago. I guess we need some bodies before the end-of-season deadline, maybe this means Eseh is getting recalled by Wakefield, Mac will be doing well if he gets something out of him I'd say.

• Like 3