Scrap to avoid the dreaded drop.

graham fisher

After Sunday’s result we now find ourselves in a battle to avoid relegation. 
The remaining fixtures are.

Rams.

Whitehaven(away)    

Widnes(home)

Featherstone(away)

Newcastle(home)

Sheffield(away)

Batley(away)

Oldham(home)

Oldham.

Swinton(away)

Sheffield(away)

Toulouse(home)

Featherstone(home)

Widnes(away)

Newcastle(home)

Dewsbury(away)

Swinton.

Oldham(home)

Batley(home)

Bulls(away)

Halifax(away)

London(home)

Sheffield(away)

Widnes(home)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll be alright, but I'm glad it's not us lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Rams.

Whitehaven(away)    

Widnes(home)

Featherstone(away)

Newcastle(home)

Sheffield(away)

Batley(away)

Oldham(home)

Oldham.

Swinton(away)

Sheffield(away)

Toulouse(home)

Featherstone(home)

Widnes(away)

Newcastle(home)

Dewsbury(away)

Swinton.

Oldham(home)

Batley(home)

Bulls(away)

Halifax(away)

London(home)

Sheffield(away)

Widnes(home)

Oldham need 3 wins to overtake us

They lose on Sunday vs Swinton and their job is incredibly hard. 

Beat Swinton that's only 2 wins and it's squeeky b.Um time

We need 1 win from somewhere before we play Oldham last game

I don't wanna be going into that game requiring a win to stay up

We are not mentally tough enough to deal with that pressure, we paniced against Swinton and showed we've no metal for an intense fight,description would be soft and roll over too easy🤔

As an Oldham fan, you should be aware our performances have been excellent in the last 2 games, very unlucky to lose at Whitehaven & to London Broncos on Sunday. I feel a win is just around the corner, we desperately need to beat Swinton this Sunday though. If we lose, its probably curtains but if we win & you lose at Whitehaven, it's game on!

You're favourites to stay up obviously with 5 points more than us, but it could just get interesting. I'd love to come to your place on the final day just a point behind you 🙂

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Oldham need 3 wins to overtake us

They lose on Sunday vs Swinton and their job is incredibly hard. 

Beat Swinton that's only 2 wins and it's squeeky b.Um time

We need 1 win from somewhere before we play Oldham last game

I don't wanna be going into that game requiring a win to stay up

We are not mentally tough enough to deal with that pressure, we paniced against Swinton and showed we've no metal for an intense fight,description would be soft and roll over too easy🤔

100% Coolie, we need to beat Whitehaven this week and Swinton really could do us a favour too. We don't have the heart to keep a lead against anyone so we definitely won't have the heart to go in to the Oldham game having to beat them to survive.

22 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

We've just got to hope Swinton are buoyed by our total collapse on Sunday and beat Oldham. If Swinton win we should be safe.

Realistically unless we get the likes of Oakes, Ryder and Walton back, Oldham at home is the only prospect of a win. 

I can't see Swinton beating Oldham, I hope they do but Oldham are a far better side.

1 hour ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I can't see Swinton beating Oldham, I hope they do but Oldham are a far better side.

Oldham are the worse side I’ve seen at mount pleasant this year... swinton throw the ball about etc good side 

Oldham have spent more on players than Batley and dewsbury in 2021 and certain players are asking Batley and dewsbury if they can come back 

10 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Oldham are the worse side I’ve seen at mount pleasant this year... swinton throw the ball about etc good side 

Oldham have spent more on players than Batley and dewsbury in 2021 and certain players are asking Batley and dewsbury if they can come back 

Oldham were terrible when we played them away, but looks like they have improved.

38 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Oldham were terrible when we played them away, but looks like they have improved.

Maybe Sheridan and McDermott have improved them but still can’t find the W 

whitehaven were struggling but signed a half back and prop and could make the 6 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

They were awful when we played them away too but since they've sacked their coach will they be up for it this Sunday? Especially knowing that Swinton have beat us last Sunday and they would then have another roll of the dice against us.

13 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I can’t see you picking form up on the road but your home form has to pick up to stay among the championship 

all depends if that win picks swinton off the canvas for the battle 

We have won only one home game this season; we have won three away.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rams.

Whitehaven(away)    

Widnes(home)

Featherstone(away)

Newcastle(home)

Sheffield(away)

Batley(away)

Oldham(home)

Oldham.

Swinton(away)

Sheffield(away)

Toulouse(home)

Featherstone(home)

Widnes(away)

Newcastle(home)

Dewsbury(away)

Swinton.

Oldham(home)

Batley(home)

Bulls(away)

Halifax(away)

London(home)

Sheffield(away)

Widnes(home)

What is for certain is that, given our relative positions and the teams that we all face, if we do go down then we deserve to.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Rams.

Whitehaven(away)    

Widnes(home)

Featherstone(away)

Newcastle(home)

Sheffield(away)

Batley(away)

Oldham(home)

Oldham.

Swinton(away)

Sheffield(away)

Toulouse(home)

Featherstone(home)

Widnes(away)

Newcastle(home)

Dewsbury(away)

Swinton.

Oldham(home)

Batley(home)

Bulls(away)

Halifax(away)

London(home)

Sheffield(away)

Widnes(home)

I honestly cant see there being a League One next season if the new proposals are implemented.What exactly are the League One clubs playing for in 2022 when there will be no promotion? Surely the best option is for the Championship to be one division.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What is for certain is that, given our relative positions and the teams that we all face, if we do go down then we deserve to.

You get relegated because your one of the bottom 2 team.. And deservedly so. 

Where we are is a true reflection on how we've played this season, honestly speaking I don't think we've another victory in us, like to think the players will prove me wrong, our style of play is lacking teeth or a cutting edge, second half's producing no points is very worrying.. We are definitely on a slide, a victory for Oldham Sunday will give them massive momentum 

In rugby league you get what you deserve.... 

And if its West Wales & Coventry 

We've deserved the drop🤔

That's if restructuring doesn't save our backsides🤔

3 hours ago, coolie said:

You get relegated because your one of the bottom 2 team.. And deservedly so. 

Where we are is a true reflection on how we've played this season, honestly speaking I don't think we've another victory in us, like to think the players will prove me wrong, our style of play is lacking teeth or a cutting edge, second half's producing no points is very worrying.. We are definitely on a slide, a victory for Oldham Sunday will give them massive momentum 

In rugby league you get what you deserve.... 

And if its West Wales & Coventry 

We've deserved the drop🤔

That's if restructuring doesn't save our backsides🤔

Ironically we we're saved from the drop 10 years ago this year 😳

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Realistically unless we get the likes of Oakes, Ryder and Walton back, Oldham at home is the only prospect of a win. 

Cant see us winning a game until Ryder and Walton return...even then it will be squeaky bum time...

10 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Any names about players who want to leave Oldham & go back?

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well given the players who went from Dewsbury were Nelmes and Reilly......

Nelmes and Reilly have both been great for Oldham this year, but Reilly especially. I think he'll be our Player of the Year, so it surprises me that they would want to return to Dewsbury.

Archived