Scrap to avoid the dreaded drop.

graham fisher

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

To be honest I don’t think Reilly wanted to leave.

££££

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Good idea I think

Means leaving Dewsbury at about 5am, but yeah, I'm more interested in how much your going to charge them to leave at half time?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Why? Tickets aren't normally £25 so not a lot of coin to make up, anyway I only put it on for awareness, not to get into a debate 😂

Just because you sell a pint of beer at £3.50... Doesn't mean you make £3.50... 🤔

In the same respects selling a burger for £3... Doesn't mean you make £3

Letting them in for £10

Means your £10 cash down

So getting them to spend £15

Gets near to recovering your £10 cash

That way your nearer to breaking even on the gate receipt lost🤔🤔🤔

57 minutes ago, coolie said:

Just because you sell a pint of beer at £3.50... Doesn't mean you make £3.50... 🤔

Letting them in for £10

Means your £10 cash down

Look at it however you want mate, as I said, not here for a debate, just thought I'd let Dewsbury fans know and you seem to of took exception to it 😂. Put on a deal to get the fans in and boost support or just plod along with getting the same numbers week in week out, I know which I'd prefer. Have a good day 👍

29 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Look at it however you want mate, as I said, not here for a debate, just thought I'd let Dewsbury fans know and you seem to of took exception to it 😂. Put on a deal to get the fans in and boost support or just plod along with getting the same numbers week in week out, I know which I'd prefer. Have a good day 👍

No exception at all mate

Under value your product

And people expect that product for that price, in the long run you lose out mate

39 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Are you a Dewsbury supporter? 

It could be a strategy of offering incentives on a short term basis to attract supporters back. It is unlikely short term to recoup the lost revenue, but if it brings back some more fans long term and you revert to normal admission, then it's a win. Supermarkets do this all the time with short term discounts. 

You can't guarantee it will work but the downside is limited and if it does attract even another 20 regular fans then the payback is massive.

3 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Are you a Dewsbury supporter? 

No🤔

York City Knights

That explains why I don't know much about owt outside of my little bubble of reality 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joking apart

Yes followed the Rams for 48 year

And seen some up's, and seen a ridiculous amount of downs

We had a promotion on season tickets for £80 some years back and it brought some success short term, in the long run hurt the brand as when you ask for £180 after the previous year only paid £80 the enthusiasm soon falls away, with any promotion you have to back it up on the field, nobody wants to stump up hard earned cash for a team simply losing week after week after week, Barrow can run a promotion as they are doing well, do you think if West Wales did a promotion folk would come flocking.. Believe me they wouldn't. 

It's a fine balance and knowing your customer... 

If its too expensive.. They won't come and then crowds fall away and its incredibly difficult to get them to return... A winning team does that mate. 

Our customers are as tight as a camels ring piece in a sandstorm

So it's fine margins on how far you can push people mate🤔

20 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

If any fans are heading over to Haven this weekend, they're doing entrance for just £10 if you're in the ground before 1pm 👍

It’ll only be an incentive for those ’Haven fans who are unsure as to whether to go, as there will be next to no Dewsbury supporters attending because of our abysmal playing performances. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

20 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

It’ll only be an incentive for those ’Haven fans who are unsure as to whether to go, as there will be next to no Dewsbury supporters attending because of our abysmal playing performances. 

Shame there won't be many of you making the journey 

I've forgotten all about last sunday now.I do remember going up to Haven many decades ago and the coach ride taking over four hours.We called in a pub and their was Mr.Alan Bates and the team.                                         Of course we all wish the team and Lee all the best up their.

Lots of fans not traveling Sunday which is understandable 🤔

4 hours there, another poor show, 4 hours back that will seem like 8 hours after another hard to swallow defeat🤔

Manner of defeat last week emptied every last drop of laughing gas out of the hope balloon🤔

The bank account of passion is well overdrawn and the team now need to club together and repay the fans with a ronda rousing performance 🤔

One win and this relegation talk all goes away... Newcastle is D-day, the last line of defence... 

Unless we pull off a miracle win somewhere🤔

6 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Ignore him - he doesn't pay to get in away matches anyway.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, coolie said:

No exception at all mate

Under value your product

And people expect that product for that price, in the long run you lose out mate

An empty space on the terraces earns you nowt.

8 hours ago, coolie said:

Letting them in for £10

Means your £10 cash down

You're wasted on here Coolie mate. You should be running Amazon or suchlike

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

You're wasted on here Coolie mate. You should be running Amazon or suchlike

Who do you think they ring when they get in to trouble🤔

Mike Ashley is never off the phone 🤔🤣

Archived