Live Streamed Games

I thought a general thread with reminders of games to watch would be more convenient than the current setup.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Broncos/ Bedford game should be interesting. Bedford were beaten by The Army 56-10 on a Twitch stream recently, but looked more than capable. Score didn`t do them justice.

A couple of weeks ago the Cornish Rebels played out an 18-18 draw with the Golden Ferns. As I predicted on another thread (with no great claims to prescience), the Rebels found the Cardiff Demons a tougher assignment last Saturday, losing 96-0.

It`s Demons v Ferns this coming Saturday, which shapes as a tough afternoon for the Ferns.

All will become clearer after Cardiff have played The Army or the Broncos but, judging from their results and what I`ve seen of the Welsh women`s national team, the Demons potentially could be competitive in the Northern WSL.

On 04/08/2021 at 10:04, unapologetic pedant said:

It`s Demons v Ferns this coming Saturday, which shapes as a tough afternoon for the Ferns.

Demons 106 Ferns 0.

I think the semi-finals will be Demons/Broncos and Army/Ferns.

It`s fair to say there`s quite an imbalance between East and West divisions. Cardiff will go into their semi with results of 88-6, 24-0 (default presumably), 96-0, and 106-0. Clearly they haven`t yet been tested.

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Army Rugby League v Golden Ferns, on now.

https://www.twitch.tv/rugbyleague 

Army look very good. Saw them play in the challenge Cup about 2/3 years ago and they look to have improved a lot since then. The difference in levels of fitness between the two sides is very evident early on. This could be a massive scoreline, hope the Golden Ferns can dig in 

This is a massacre. Bracken-bashing, if you will.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

110 - 0 to the Army 😳 The Golden Ferns get a lesson on where they need to be to challenge the better teams. You'd expect the Army to be fitter the difference in fitness levels was a massive factor. Think this is only their first season though? They'll no doubt get better given time 

Half-time Demons 32 Broncos 12.

There`s less between the teams than the score suggests. The Broncos have conceded 3 repeat sets through kick reception stuff-ups. Cardiff look good though. It`s a pity they weren`t entered in this year`s women`s CC.

On the coverage - he comes across as a decent bloke, but I really can`t get on with Dave Parkinson. He sounds like he`s commentating for CBeebies.

I missed the first half, but am enjoying this second 40 minutes. Bit of a kit clash, but otherwise entertaining.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 all between Cas and Leeds as the second half kicks off on Twitch. After the Humberside nail-biter that's just finished, are we in for another close game?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watched both of the Super League South semi-finals.

Army vs Ferns was obviously tough for the Bristol team, especially after losing by a similar margin to Cardiff Demons the week previous. Army looked pretty sharp. Felt a bit for Golden Ferns - there were some good players in their side, but their defence seemed to become disconnected too easily, meaning they were trying to make 1v1 tackles rather than the 2/3 player tackles that the Army were making.

Broncos vs Demons was a cracking game - after Cardiff started strongly, I thought it could end up being the same as the previous game, but Broncos fought back into it and it became a really good encounter. Didn't catch the last twenty minutes, but thought both sides showed a lot of class.

Army vs Cardiff in the final this weekend should be a really good game.

The Army are 10:0 up against Cardiff, after 23 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A last-gasp win for Cardiff, finally breaking a determined Army defence.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 6 months later...

Saturday 12/3/2022

1:50pm BBC iPlayer & BBC Sport website

Women's Challenge Cup - Group 1: Barrow v St Helens

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 08/03/2022 at 10:42, Futtocks said:

Saturday 12/3/2022

1:50pm BBC iPlayer & BBC Sport website

Women's Challenge Cup - Group 1: Barrow v St Helens

Half time - Barrow 0 St. Helens 24.

Not as big a cricket score as expected, yet. Barrow stoic in defence. They`re testing the ref`s patience a bit at the ruck. There`s a limit to how sympathetic he can be. First time I`ve seen him, having a really good game.

Saints bombed a try with some in-goal arrogance.

Barrow have twice missed touch with penalty kicks. Coach needs to fix that - just take the tap.

I really enjoyed the game. It’s easy to be put off by one-sided games, but sometimes it’s just great marvelling at a champion team doing what they do best. Hardcastle, Travis, Burke, Whitfield and Harris were all superb for Saints, and Mottershead had a great debut off the bench. 

Barrow were reasonably competitive and had some decent players. If the respective men’s teams played, the score may well be similar. 

Archived