Brodie Croft to SL?

Strange one with Brodie Croft . He looked the real deal coming through at the Storm . He had a swagger but could back it up , but then he got dropped and let go and it’s been pretty sad and sorry since . Brisbane has been a toxic environment for more than a few though , so I’d see this as a good SL pick up . There’s a good player in there and still young 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Strange one with Brodie Croft . He looked the real deal coming through at the Storm . He had a swagger but could back it up , but then he got dropped and let go and it’s been pretty sad and sorry since . Brisbane has been a toxic environment for more than a few though , so I’d see this as a good SL pick up . There’s a good player in there and still young 

Him and Kyle Flanagan - get them over here a few years with a clause about NRL return and we could have Jackson Hastings version 2.0 and 3.0. 

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Him and Kyle Flanagan - get them over here a few years with a clause about NRL return and we could have Jackson Hastings version 2.0 and 3.0. 

I don’t rate Flanagan tbh

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

I don’t rate Flanagan tbh

a bit harsh- the youngsters confidence will be shot after his stint at the dogs- he was first choice 7 at the roosters for a season with a very accurate  kicking radar- that must make him at least half decent 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

a bit harsh- the youngsters confidence will be shot after his stint at the dogs- he was first choice 7 at the roosters for a season with a very accurate  kicking radar- that must make him at least half decent 

Maybe , whether he’s a long term nrl half i guess we’ll see

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Maybe , whether he’s a long term nrl half i guess we’ll see

prob not but a good addition for a top sl club 

12 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

prob not but a good addition for a top sl club 

Definately not. He might get a gig at one of the bottom SL clubs like Salford, Wakey or Leigh but Flanagan is nowhere near good enough for one of the top SL clubs

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Bang average,the Roosters couldn’t get shot of him quick enough,

On 04/08/2021 at 15:01, DavidM said:

Kevin Walters is guaranteed to shatter the confidence of every play maker at the Broncos cause he drops them on a whim and then slags them off in public... i.e. everything a good coach doesn't do.

I saw on my Facebook feed he has got a start for the Broncos this week.  No chance Walters will give him a decent run to get his confidence up.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Kevin Walters is guaranteed to shatter the confidence of every play maker at the Broncos cause he drops them on a whim and then slags them off in public... i.e. everything a good coach doesn't do.

I saw on my Facebook feed he has got a start for the Broncos this week.  No chance Walters will give him a decent run to get his confidence up.

Walters is one of the worst coaches in living memory. His connections are all that keeps him getting big jobs that time after time he shows himself to be inadequate at.

On 05/08/2021 at 04:25, graveyard johnny said:

Roosters dropped him during the season. He was on the way out early.

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Id take Croft over Hopoate any day . Good deal for Salford 

persisting with the likes of Hopoate is exactly the kind of reason the dogs are nailed to the foot of the nrl 

35 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Id take Croft over Hopoate any day . Good deal for Salford 

I agree,Hopoate has never fulfilled his early potential and was never the same player after taking time away from the game.

This could turn out to be a very good signing for Salford.  Croft is a very good attacking half, particularly his running game, and came through the Melbourne system so he will have all the fundamentals.

He hasn't performed at Brisbane but then who has in the last few years, particularly in the play maker roles which are chopped and changed at will.

I hope it works out for both parties. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived