Kicks off tonight. There has been close to 4 years of minimal activity in Lebanon so hopefully this is the start of a new era for them.

First match is Tripoli vs Wolves and is being streamed live at 8pm local time, (6pm UK).

Link: https://www.facebook.com/LebanonRL/

I am curious to see how the standard is. But in any case, just the fact they are playing again is a huge positive. 

I watched on and off, for a total of about 20 mins. It was pretty much what I expected in terms of standard. 

What I like is that it seemed to me, based on their style of play, that these were actual rugby league players, not union boys dabbling in league, as is the case in some countries. For me that is always a positive.

On 06/08/2021 at 18:39, langpark said:

I watched on and off, for a total of about 20 mins. It was pretty much what I expected in terms of standard. 

What I like is that it seemed to me, based on their style of play, that these were actual rugby league players, not union boys dabbling in league, as is the case in some countries. For me that is always a positive.

I think there's only ever been very minimal union played in Lebanon, I think for a period they only had 1 team. All of the players would have come through the University and schools comps that used to run.

Delighted to see the game back up and running though, whatever the standard, the country at large has had a terrible few years and RL has been a victim of that.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Archived