Sat 7 - Sun 8 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those days for Town so far. Lost 2 players in first 15 minutes to injury. Been held up over the line 5 times, knocked on in the act of scoring twice, forced 4 drop outs. Keighley have had 2 chances and scored both times.

Cougars 10 Town 6 half time.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

29 minutes ago, Derwent said:

One of those days for Town so far. Lost 2 players in first 15 minutes to injury. Been held up over the line 5 times, knocked on in the act of scoring twice, forced 4 drop outs. Keighley have had 2 chances and scored both times.

Cougars 10 Town 6 half time.

16-12 to town. Cracking effort considering players out and 5 weeks without a game.

Bears made too many first half errors and gifted Crusaders their tries. Disappointing to play badly against them twice in a season. We made a game of it after the restart but couldn't get enough momentum to repeat the Hunslet-game heroics. 

Great win for Barrow against an improved Hunslet considering the (7) was it? 1st teasers out with covid, We got a couple of heavy hitters back & the covid lads or some of them should be back next week as will some of our injuries, So imho the Barrow juggernaut will begin to pick up speed from here out.

OuRLeague better be showing the Worky v Barrow game once it’s rearranged as it could be a Winner takes all contest & should be a white hot event with a big crowd which the RL should showcase to show casual viewers that there’s life outside of the SL & Championship 

Disappointing from Bears today who for some reason always seem to struggle against Crusaders. Pulled it back to within 4 points and momentum looked like it had well and truly swung to the Bears but Crusaders did very well to see the game out and finish with a couple of tries late on. 

I have to say League 1 this season has been excellent. One of the best yet in terms of quality and competitiveness. It's a real shame that this could potentially be the last proper season in league 1. Lots of upheavals incoming, with massive funding cuts and restructures but I'm just enjoying it while I can! 

On 07/08/2021 at 17:42, clwydianrange said:

Thats sounds like a belting match, we’ll done both teams

Skolars had a red card after 25 as well. sounds like discipline costing the club dear this season. 

16 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

I have to say League 1 this season has been excellent. One of the best yet in terms of quality and competitiveness. It's a real shame that this could potentially be the last proper season in league 1. Lots of upheavals incoming, with massive funding cuts and restructures but I'm just enjoying it while I can! 

shame the league will get smashed by the financial mismanagement of SL & RFL next season

22 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

I’ve always enjoyed league 1 but you’re right this season has been outstanding. WWR getting in to the mix too.

3 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

Great win for Barrow against an improved Hunslet considering the (7) was it? 1st teasers out with covid, We got a couple of heavy hitters back & the covid lads or some of them should be back next week as will some of our injuries, So imho the Barrow juggernaut will begin to pick up speed from here out.

OuRLeague better be showing the Worky v Barrow game once it’s rearranged as it could be a Winner takes all contest & should be a white hot event with a big crowd which the RL should showcase to show casual viewers that there’s life outside of the SL & Championship 

Looking forward to Barrow's visit to Colwyn Bay next week. Expecting a cup final atmosphere with potentially our biggest crowd since we left the Racecourse five years ago.

There is definitely life outside SL & the Championship. If you're in North Wales next weekend, come to Colwyn Bay and see for yourself. 😀

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived