Sun 8 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

York 12 Widnes 20 HT. Stroke of luck in Widnes third try with a kick taking a deflection off a York player. Owens missed the conversion from close to the post. Fourth Widnes try for ste Tyrer who took the high kick out of the York player's hands. Conversion again missed. Widnes appeared to be complaining about a gouge on Owen Farnworth. Almost error free from both teams, with I think only a penalty each and only a couple of knock ons.

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The same as Leigh. 

That's nothing to do with it, I predicted Leigh would not win a game, lots of people were saying how good Toronto were till they actually got tested.

All I am saying is Toulouse are Good, but we don't know how good until they get tested, the higher the pedestal people are putting them on the further they have to fall down. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's nothing to do with it, I predicted Leigh would not win a game, lots of people were saying how good Toronto were till they actually got tested.

All I am saying is Toulouse are Good, but we don't know how good until they get tested, the higher the pedestal people are putting them on the further they have to fall down. 

Toulouse are a different kettle of poisson, Harold.

They have been building patiently for years, they have French players with youth development and a de facto reserve side playing semi-pro rugby.

An altogether more sustainable club than here-today-gone-tomorrow Toronto.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Toulouse are a different kettle of poisson, Harold.

They have been building patiently for years, they have French players with youth development and a de facto reserve side playing semi-pro rugby.

An altogether more sustainable club than here-today-gone-tomorrow Toronto.

The proof of the pudding as they say Kentish, I have no doubt they will be in SL next year whatever the system we are to employ, they will have to improve their squad some in that have some younger bodies in the forwards, so let's reserve judgement till they are playing SL clubs week in, week out.

London 6 Toulouse 54...comeback is on!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The number of the beast...

London 6 Toulouse 66.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 minutes ago, doc said:

Another scoreless half for Widnes? Got to knock this habit on the head. Just plain ridiculous. 

saying that, c'mon Vikings!!

Wind was quite a big factor in the second half. Can't fault the Widnes performance, they played the full eighty, but they're just too small to match a team like York in the pack.

6-66 the final score and with The Test match rained off I could view this on Our League for free, I wish I had not. No wonder there was half-price admission because there was only one Rugby League team out there.

Best compliment I can pay to Toulouse is that they looked like a Super League team playing a championship one side. with M Navarette released from his contract without compensation by Mr Hughes to join Toulouse looking like a forward again.

As for London, the worst side I have seen in 26 years. The 2014 side put together by Tony Rea at least contained individuals who went on to have a career in the lower levels of Super League. If I said this mob was bang ordinary I might be doing them a compliment.

Wimbledon should have asked Toulouse to move in with them. Still they get their debts partially paid off by Mr Hughes and next years part-time London Broncos. Though no chance of the floodlights being paid for as London are going nowhere fast and the Dons have a better chance of promotion.

You can't even have a "Hughes out" movement because the fanbase has evaporated and the last e-mail communication from the Broncos Official Supporters Club was 14th March 2021. Maybe I am banned and just have not been told as yet.....🙄

As for London Broncos future this sems appropriate under the current ownership

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Not saying the crowd at York is middle class, but it's the first time in forty years of watching RL that I've attended a game and not heard a single swear word 🤣. Nice to see so many kids and families there.

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Not saying the crowd at York is middle class, but it's the first time in forty years of watching RL that I've attended a game and not heard a single swear word 🤣. Nice to see so many kids and families there.

Any word on crowd figure at York today?

34 minutes ago, JonM said:

Wind was quite a big factor in the second half. Can't fault the Widnes performance, they played the full eighty, but they're just too small to match a team like York in the pack.

That's why club dietitian is such an important role, JonM.

28 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

6-66 the final score and with The Test match rained off I could view this on Our League for free, I wish I had not. No wonder there was half-price admission because there was only one Rugby League team out there.

Best compliment I can pay to Toulouse is that they looked like a Super League team playing a championship one side. with M Navarette released from his contract without compensation by Mr Hughes to join Toulouse looking like a forward again.

As for London, the worst side I have seen in 26 years. The 2014 side put together by Tony Rea at least contained individuals who went on to have a career in the lower levels of Super League. If I said this mob was bang ordinary I might be doing them a compliment.

Wimbledon should have asked Toulouse to move in with them. Still they get their debts partially paid off by Mr Hughes and next years part-time London Broncos. Though no chance of the floodlights being paid for as London are going nowhere fast and the Dons have a better chance of promotion.

You can't even have a "Hughes out" movement because the fanbase has evaporated and the last e-mail communication from the Broncos Official Supporters Club was 14th March 2021. Maybe I am banned and just have not been told as yet.....🙄

As for London Broncos future this sems appropriate under the current ownership

Might as well wind it down. Wimbledon will regret taking them in when only 300 older fans turn up to watch them.

Archived