Jump to content

Sun 8 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fax might be a threat at home but can´t see them going to Fev and winning tbh. 

I can, they're the best side we've played this season, including Toulouse,  Unfortunately for them the ref gave Fev a fair shake.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Trojan said:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!  No one has been more supportive of correct expansion of RL.  Anyone who doesn't agree with me must be narrow minded.  I've seen this expansion again and again. Fulham - dead loss, Cardiff Blue ~Dragons, dead loss, Mansfield Marksmen , dead loss, Carlisle , dead loss, Kent Invicta, dead loss, Scarborough, dead loss, Sheffield, hanging on by a thread.  Celtic Crusaders - major embarrassment, Toronto ditto.  And I predict that Toulouse will go the same route, I hope I've wrong, but I fear I'm not.  Meantime a traditional club, who'd won the Championship and the CC three times since the 70's are to be denied access.

You just said Toulouse and Catalan should be dumped out of the only professional comp in Europe and be dumped in an elite one which is probably a decade away from even sniffing a tv deal. If that´s supportive of expansion I´d hate to see the opposite. Going to mute this from now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

You can argue it in the other way… Toulouse could be undercooked; less battle hardened. All depends on your perspective, bias and opinion…

They certainly didn't look undercooked in the last 10 at P O Road.  Our players were out on their feet, Toulouse were still fairly fresh.

  • Like 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You just said Toulouse and Catalan should be dumped out of the only professional comp in Europe and be dumped in an elite one which is probably a decade away from even sniffing a tv deal. If that´s supportive of expansion I´d hate to see the opposite. Going to mute this from now.

If they're such a draw playing one another they shouldn't need the English league to prop them up.  They should be able to attract money and media interest into the game.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Trojan said:

If they're such a draw playing one another they shouldn't need the English league to prop them up.  They should be able to attract money and media interest into the game.

Can the same be said of the NZ Warriors, the PNG Hunters, or the Fiji Siktails? They’ve got tonnes of interest in their respective countries yet play in someone else’s league…

47 minutes ago, Trojan said:

They certainly didn't look undercooked in the last 10 at P O Road.  Our players were out on their feet, Toulouse were still fairly fresh.

Maybe they are just played better with more control? Can happen in games…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe just maybe Toulouse were the better team on the day just like they have been all season and that this wasn’t down to any assistance perceived or otherwise or any other multi decade conspiracy

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Maybe just maybe Toulouse were the better team on the day just like they have been all season and that this wasn’t down to any assistance perceived or otherwise or any other multi decade conspiracy

 

They were the better team on the day.  But then they didn't have the absences and injuries Fev did.  But my point is that they weren't good enough to say they are a SL team in waiting. They're not.  The game was evenly balanced with 10-15 mins to go.  Toulouse certainly looked nothing like a SL side.  Every time they miss a home game and "win" it 23-0 increases they're advantage over the rest of the Championship.  They're scoring win after win without incurring any injuries sin binnings or knocks.  

But as I say the general sentiment on this forum is anti Fev.  And it's not just me who says it.  The vast majority of posters on the Fev Facebook page express open hostility to this forum.  I am merely reporting what I read.

  • Haha 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Trojan said:

They were the better team on the day.  But then they didn't have the absences and injuries Fev did.  But my point is that they weren't good enough to say they are a SL team in waiting. They're not.  The game was evenly balanced with 10-15 mins to go.  Toulouse certainly looked nothing like a SL side.  Every time they miss a home game and "win" it 23-0 increases they're advantage over the rest of the Championship.  They're scoring win after win without incurring any injuries sin binnings or knocks.  

But as I say the general sentiment on this forum is anti Fev.  And it's not just me who says it.  The vast majority of posters on the Fev Facebook page express open hostility to this forum.  I am merely reporting what I read.

Don’t worry about the anti fev brigade. They’re all jealous because you have your own ground and income streams

  • Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Don’t worry about the anti fev brigade. They’re all jealous because you have your own ground and income streams

ALL clubs have fans who don't like certain clubs i  don't care who is anti Fev  it's pointless worrying about it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Trojan said:

They were the better team on the day.  But then they didn't have the absences and injuries Fev did.  But my point is that they weren't good enough to say they are a SL team in waiting. They're not.  The game was evenly balanced with 10-15 mins to go.  Toulouse certainly looked nothing like a SL side.  Every time they miss a home game and "win" it 23-0 increases they're advantage over the rest of the Championship.  They're scoring win after win without incurring any injuries sin binnings or knocks.  

But as I say the general sentiment on this forum is anti Fev.  And it's not just me who says it.  The vast majority of posters on the Fev Facebook page express open hostility to this forum.  I am merely reporting what I read.

First point - can you advise me which games they have “won” 23-0?

Second point - that’s just either paranoia or a conspiracy theory. 
 

Third point - what you read? What you believe? Or both?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

First point - can you advise me which games they have “won” 23-0?

Second point - that’s just either paranoia or a conspiracy theory. 
 

Third point - what you read? What you believe? Or both?

I've read it, I don't need to believe it, I experience it,  From you in particular among others.  Sorry 24-0 which is what the game against London was deemed to have finished.

In fact the anti Fev feelng on here is so strong I'm seriously thinking of no longer, reading or posting on here, and cancelling my order for League Express

  • Haha 2

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Trojan said:

They were the better team on the day.  But then they didn't have the absences and injuries Fev did.  But my point is that they weren't good enough to say they are a SL team in waiting. They're not.  The game was evenly balanced with 10-15 mins to go.  Toulouse certainly looked nothing like a SL side.  Every time they miss a home game and "win" it 23-0 increases they're advantage over the rest of the Championship.  They're scoring win after win without incurring any injuries sin binnings or knocks.  

But as I say the general sentiment on this forum is anti Fev.  And it's not just me who says it.  The vast majority of posters on the Fev Facebook page express open hostility to this forum.  I am merely reporting what I read.

They don't win every home game 23-0 or 24-0, its only happened once to London who are Full Time. Why should Toulouse be punished for clubs refusing to travel to France?. Toulouse are currently the best team outside SL so on current form deserve a spot in SL whether they achieve it is another matter. On Facebook majority of Fev fans think the RFL are against them when Toulouse haven't postponed one fixture its the other clubs refusing to travel including Fev.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

They don't win every home game 23-0 or 24-0, its only happened once to London who are Full Time. Why should Toulouse be punished for clubs refusing to travel to France?. Toulouse are currently the best team outside SL so on current form deserve a spot in SL whether they achieve it is another matter. On Facebook majority of Fev fans think the RFL are against them when Toulouse haven't postponed one fixture its the other clubs refusing to travel including Fev.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but who apart from London, have refused to travel to Toulouse? Isn't it a directive laid down by the RFL stopping part time teams going over there this season? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gooleboy said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but who apart from London, have refused to travel to Toulouse? Isn't it a directive laid down by the RFL stopping part time teams going over there this season? 

At last someone who remembers it WAS NOT Fev who refused to travel it was the RL ,could do with an hammer and chisel on here sometimes!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

I've read it, I don't need to believe it, I experience it,  From you in particular among others.  Sorry 24-0 which is what the game against London was deemed to have finished.

In fact the anti Fev feelng on here is so strong I'm seriously thinking of no longer, reading or posting on here, and cancelling my order for League Express

From me in particular? Any evidence or is that something that you are making up like the multiple 23-0 results 

As for your last paragraph 

Edited by LeeF
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but who apart from London, have refused to travel to Toulouse? Isn't it a directive laid down by the RFL stopping part time teams going over there this season? 

My mistake yes it was an RFL directive, plenty of Fev fans seem to think Toulouse are gaining an advantage and its the fault of Toulouse why clubs aren't travelling to France. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

At last someone who remembers it WAS NOT Fev who refused to travel it was the RL ,could do with an hammer and chisel on here sometimes!

Enough Fev fans are blaming Toulouse for clubs not travelling to France. How exactly are Toulouse to blame?.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Can the same be said of the NZ Warriors, the PNG Hunters, or the Fiji Siktails? They’ve got tonnes of interest in their respective countries yet play in someone else’s league…

Maybe they are just played better with more control? Can happen in games…

Yeah but Featherstone don’t play in those leagues so your argument about those foreign teams won’t count,apparently 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Trojan said:

Were you there?  Did you see Toulouse slowing down the ruck, illegally reefing the ball?  I was and I did.  Nevertheless until the last 15 minutes it was a tight game, when Fev who'd played tough games at Wembley and Bradford in the previous weeks ran out of steam/  Toulouse who hadn't played for three weeks didn't.  I see they've had two more home games postponed, another chance for r&r, not afforded to other sides.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work in their favour. It's far better to be playing week in week out. It's not a benefit to miss this many weeks and then have to pick up the pace irregularly. You get far more injuries this way. Talk to a few trainers or conditioning coaches and ask how they see it, I think you would be surprised. 

I'm guessing now that the York match will also be cancelled. If they do make SL then they will have done it the hard way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Trojan said:

They were the better team on the day.  But then they didn't have the absences and injuries Fev did.  But my point is that they weren't good enough to say they are a SL team in waiting. They're not.  The game was evenly balanced with 10-15 mins to go.  Toulouse certainly looked nothing like a SL side.  Every time they miss a home game and "win" it 23-0 increases they're advantage over the rest of the Championship.  They're scoring win after win without incurring any injuries sin binnings or knocks.  

But as I say the general sentiment on this forum is anti Fev.  And it's not just me who says it.  The vast majority of posters on the Fev Facebook page express open hostility to this forum.  I am merely reporting what I read.

But they don’t get a 23-0 win every time they are prevented from having a home game and as the league standings are decided by win % they are not increasing anything over the rest of the league.

IF there is any anti Fev sentiment on this forum it’s probably built up by fans like you and your moronic rankings taken from that very same unbiased den of stupidity called the Fev Facebook page.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

But they don’t get a 23-0 win every time they are prevented from having a home game and as the league standings are decided by win % they are not increasing anything over the rest of the league.

IF there is any anti Fev sentiment on this forum it’s probably built up by fans like you and your moronic rankings taken from that very same unbiased den of stupidity called the Fev Facebook page.

It is a well known fact that the whole world IS biased against Fev. Until people outside Fev understand this, we will continue to have these Forum debates. Now why the whole world is biased against Fev for no apparent reason, perhaps Fev fans can explain.....

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Enough Fev fans are blaming Toulouse for clubs not travelling to France. How exactly are Toulouse to blame?.

I've never said it was Tolouse and i  certainly can't speak for other Fev fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It is a well known fact that the whole world IS biased against Fev. Until people outside Fev understand this, we will continue to have these Forum debates. Now why the whole world is biased against Fev for no apparent reason, perhaps Fev fans can explain.....

An handfull of Fev fans believe this so ITS ALL Fev who belive according to some ,laughable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...