Sun 8 Aug: SL: Leigh Centurions v Hull Kingston Rovers 18:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/21 at 18:00

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeeF said:

From the TV Kendall clearly spoke at length to the TJ hence the referral to the VR

Because they are miked up they don’t have to stand next to each other to speak

Yeah clearly can be seen trying to ask the TJ and you can hear him mention knock on so presuming that is what the linesman asked to be checked. On the numerous replays the video ref then gets the decision correct. 

Reading this thread I think a few posters need to brush up on the rules. 😁

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah clearly can be seen trying to ask the TJ and you can hear him mention knock on so presuming that is what the linesman asked to be checked. On the numerous replays the video ref then gets the decision correct. 

Spot on. That was my take. Kendall I think had already seen the bobble and was ok with it but checked with his TJ like they do for every single try. The TJ was unsure hence him backing off the corner flag & providing his input to the Ref.

I’d also seen the bobble in real time that may have gone forwards but the video evidence was clear that it had gone backwards - ignore the commentary of “facing own posts” which is irrelevant - so correct to check & final decision was also spot on

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think we have all witnessed most definate 100% balls knocked backwards that have been called knock on's and wonder simply how the ref has deemed it be a knock on, this particular incident was just so full of contention that it is understandable how some people interpret it differently, on another day the two who mattered Ref and VR could easily call it the other way, nothing at all in brushing up on the rules it is the interpretation of the moment, we al, know the rules Oxy!

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

I think we have all witnessed most definate 100% balls knocked backwards that have been called knock on's and wonder simply how the ref has deemed it be a knock on, this particular incident was just so full of contention that it is understandable how some people interpret it differently, on another day the two who mattered Ref and VR could easily call it the other way, nothing at all in brushing up on the rules it is the interpretation of the moment, we al, know the rules Oxy!

They, especially the VR, couldn’t have called it any other way as the ball clearly did not go forwards. It was a clear cut decision

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Have you always 100% agreed with the video ref Lee? Honest answer.

No. There again I watch the majority of games as a neutral so I agree with the final decision the vast majority of the time. I also have a decent understanding of how the system is set up and what it can and can’t do

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is what the video ref is there for, to get the correct decision(We know that does not always happen), and in this case they got the right decision.

Have you always 100% agreed with the video ref Lee? Honest answer.

I personally would prefer real-time decisions by on field match officials providing they had in goal TJs but that option has long gone

Don't think it was a knock on, but not so sure if the player was onside, or if he'd got within 10 of the full back.

Either way, it wouldn't have mattered, as I think they would've scored again anyway if they needed to. Leigh's defence is worse than anything I've seen from a professional side. Poor line speed and awful technique. It's as if they are having poor habits coached into them, which makes the inability to replace Duffy as coach pretty galling.

9 minutes ago, LeeF said:

They, especially the VR, couldn’t have called it any other way as the ball clearly did not go forwards. It was a clear cut decision

Nothing about it was clear cut, Lawler was in front of the kicker and within 10m of the ball bouncing. It should have been a penalty to Leigh from where the ball was kicked.

8 minutes ago, LeeF said:

No. There again I watch the majority of games as a neutral so I agree with the final decision the vast majority of the time. I also have a decent understanding of how the system is set up and what it can and can’t do

So the simple answer is NO, but this time it goes along with your thought process so it is fine, just step back a moment and think about that one Lee.

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That is what the video ref is there for, to get the correct decision(We know that does not always happen), and in this case they got the right decision.

So offside players being within 10m of the ball is no longer an offside after the ball has been touched, if so why was hoods chalked off?

So the simple answer is NO, but this time it goes along with your thought process so it is fine, just step back a moment and think about that one Lee.

And you have provided clear evidence of what I posted so maybe you need to have a step back and think about that one Harry?

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Don't think it was a knock on, but not so sure if the player was onside, or if he'd got within 10 of the full back.

Either way, it wouldn't have mattered, as I think they would've scored again anyway if they needed to. Leigh's defence is worse than anything I've seen from a professional side. Poor line speed and awful technique. It's as if they are having poor habits coached into them, which makes the inability to replace Duffy as coach pretty galling.

Totally agree re Leigh's defence it is abysmal, either the player's can't follow the coaches instruction or the coach is not good enough, and the same was with Duffy.

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

No need to confirm that you're obsessed but thanks anyway.

He’s right on the Covid swerve though eh? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Sorry Lee, please explain?

I’m sure that you fully understand so no need for an explanation or any further discussion thereby avoiding an unnecessary argument. At the end of the day the VR decision was correct

Just now, LeeF said:

I’m sure that you fully understand so no need for an explanation or any further discussion thereby avoiding an unnecessary argument. At the end of the day the VR decision was correct

Because you agree, did you agree with Charnley's try last week, if not why? The VR said it was OK.

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought as he picked up the ball it went down  neither forward or backwards,so it was a 50/50 call Not seen it slowed down but it would have been very difficult for the Ref or Linesman to see at speed.The Leigh players were nearer and rightly challenged the call.A few mistakes but i enjoyed the game.Leigh always try to play open Rugby.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree re Leigh's defence it is abysmal, either the player's can't follow the coaches instruction or the coach is not good enough, and the same was with Duffy.

They are just average players. A mismash of Toronto and London gets you London and Toronto results.

Although I think they showed enough that some decent signings could make a real difference. They are not like the Broncos and Bradford sides of 2015, for example.

They even took Butler on loan the other week, another ex Bronco.

11 minutes ago, Leonard said:

They are just average players. A mismash of Toronto and London gets you London and Toronto results.

Although I think they showed enough that some decent signings could make a real difference. They are not like the Broncos and Bradford sides of 2015, for example.

They even took Butler on loan the other week, another ex Bronco.

Quite correct, in the main a team assembled to compete in the Championship, not SL, as I said previously as a fan and season ticket holder, I can live with the results we are suffering at this time, whichever division we are in next year I want to see a massive improvement in the playing roster.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Probably a mixture of both. Unfortunately, when Duffy went, we didn't bring in anybody new to fix any of the issues.

Haggerty seems to have just given them license to do what they want in attack, but not done a thing to improve the defence, which is failing at so many basics that we would concede 5+ tries against most championship teams.  Looks like they're having bad habits coached into them.

Archived