Sun 8 Aug: SL: Leigh Centurions v Hull Kingston Rovers 18:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/21 at 18:00

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

At least the sin binnings helped to make a game of it. Leigh need to be careful been so competitive though as if they do stay in SL for next season the RFL will want to take some more money off them.

I expect the other 11 clubs will insist that they get no TV money instead of half. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh certainly put in a better effort than last week. I wrote them off at one point and then HKR imploded when down to a soccer team and it took them a while to recover.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Gotta feel for Dean Hadley, jeez he's had a lot of time out with injuries.

You really do.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not sure why the Leigh fans were cheering. 

They were cheering because they, like the poster below, spotted Lawler fumble the ball but retain it by means of it touching the pitch, so assumed that the video ref also saw it and would rightly disallow the try.

But, as usual, the video ref inexplicably gets it wrong in spite of the evidence in front of them.

1 hour ago, Oldham 1 said:

Chaser offside within the 10 on the kick and a clear knock on the video referees the last 2 weeks have been a shambles

Couldn't agree more.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Just now, Old Frightful said:

They were cheering because they, like the poster below, spotted Lawler fumble the ball but retain it by means of it touching the pitch, so assumed that the video ref also saw it and would rightly disallow the try.

But, as usual, the video ref inexplicably gets it wrong in spite of the evidence in front of them.

Couldn't agree more.

Is the 10m rule unless the kicker plays you onside still a rule? I also dont think the prop got the ball down for another KR try.

Great effort again from a team that had to sign 3 loans during the week to get 17 out and then lost our biggest prop in warm up. Brierley and Elliot back, the 2 aussie forwards plus Ashworth and we can win a couple this year

Well played Leigh lots of enthusiasm.

Thought Rovers were cruising until going down to 12 and then 11 but Leigh visibly lifted and goodness nearly made us pay.

Kenny-Dowall was a deserved MoM his try to level matters was class. Ben Crooks looked like he might have lost us it when he spilled a bomb in our own 20 but we saw the best of him when he sprinted from deep to palm the ball back to set up the winner.

Back at 13 v 13 the game became easier again.

Next year we will have a reliable goalkicker and don't we just need one.

Will Leigh ever win a game? I'd say probably not. Their energy drops they get hammered their energy is high and they just lack a bit of quality.

Don't give a jot how scrappy this win was we are now 5th and above Hull who most probably would have lost to Warrington if they had turned up.

4 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Don't give a jot how scrappy this win was we are now 5th and above Hull who most probably would have lost to Warrington if they had turned up.

Deary me, not satisfied with your trolling efforts on the Wire v Hull thread, you come up with more garbage here.

Like I said earlier, you're obsessed.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

44 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Deary me, not satisfied with your trolling efforts on the Wire v Hull thread, you come up with more garbage here.

Like I said earlier, you're obsessed.

Hull have a 30 plus man squad ...and a good academy team.

There's no doubt whatsoever they could have fielded a team against Warrington but took advantage of the 7 COVID rule.

You've dropped down below Rovers and deservedly so.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Couldn't agree more.

Yep I was one of those in disbelief in the stadium when the video ref "missed" the knock on, what television viewers will not have seen though is that the near side touch judge stayed infield of the corner flag when the try was scored, - to those who do not know, when a try is scored if a touch judge thinks it is legal he will go goal side of the corner flag, if he considers something is amiss he will stay field side of the corner flag so indicating to the referee that he considers it illegal - he never once went goal side, ref Kendall quite clearly saw him but did not acknowledge or ask for an interpretation which I am positive would have been for noticing a knock on.

A great game and great entertainment and although we did miss Quinlan and Abdull at times we managed to get the win.

I thought that Storton did get a piece of the ball on the ground at the end of the first half and then Leigh went down the other end and scored. If the Storton try had stood then the game probably would have been over by half time. The Vete tackle that he was sin binned for he did go in with the shoulder and there wasn’t much of an attempt to wrap the arms around and if you that then rightly or wrongly you run the risk of a yellow card. The Lawler one for me wasn’t s yellow card at all.

It was clear that Crooks was a makeshift fullback but I thought overall he did well. SKD and Takarangi showed some class and yet again see Parcell and Litten showed for me that we have one of the best hooker pairings in the league. When Litten joined us I thought Hull fans would rue the day Hull allowed him to leave and I don’t think I have ever seen him have a bad game for us. 

Correct again , we lost as I predicted , don't see us winning at all now until it doesn't matter 

Interesting to see the different ' opinions ' on the various reffering decisions , Mr Kendall must have been ' bricking it ' when we took the lead , thankfully the video ref got him off the hook with Tony 

Leeds next week , maybe we can put together another HB combination for that one 

Just caught highlights of the last try and Lawler is definitely within 10m of the ball landing and the kicker hadn't played him onside. Watching some of the other clips, it became evident that the 6 again klaxon is being added in for the TV broadcast but wasn't present in the ground, which was resulting in a lot of confusion/frustration in the ground particularly for HKR's first try in the second half.

38 minutes ago, thunder pete said:

Would going down to ten teams make it more exciting and entertaining than that?

Have Sky ever watched any of the soccer they show?

Every Rovers game this season with the exception of last Monday's defence dominated Catalans game has been brilliant entertainment.

But SKY don't really want to televise Rovers whilst devoting a whole channel to the most terrible spectator event in history which was the RU Lions.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Hull have a 30 plus man squad ...and a good academy team.

There's no doubt whatsoever they could have fielded a team against Warrington but took advantage of the 7 COVID rule.

You've dropped down below Rovers and deservedly so.

No need to confirm that you're obsessed but thanks anyway.

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

What could be better , watching rugby eating Pringles ?

The Lidl’s own aren’t bad either, i think they’re called Fringles or something like that. The Fringles come in a tube like the Pringles, but Lidl’s own are about 4foot high and you get a ton for about 69p. 

7 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

But SKY don't really want to televise Rovers whilst devoting a whole channel to the most terrible spectator event in history which was the RU Lions.

Finally, something we can agree on!

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep I was one of those in disbelief in the stadium when the video ref "missed" the knock on, what television viewers will not have seen though is that the near side touch judge stayed infield of the corner flag when the try was scored, - to those who do not know, when a try is scored if a touch judge thinks it is legal he will go goal side of the corner flag, if he considers something is amiss he will stay field side of the corner flag so indicating to the referee that he considers it illegal - he never once went goal side, ref Kendall quite clearly saw him but did not acknowledge or ask for an interpretation which I am positive would have been for noticing a knock on.

From the TV Kendall clearly spoke at length to the TJ hence the referral to the VR

Because they are miked up they don’t have to stand next to each other to speak

Archived