Sun 8 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity 15:00

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/21 at 14:30

Huddersfield have sorted out some internal issues that were one of the things holding back their performances. They still have around 8 of their starting 17 missing but young home produced halves Olly Russel and Will Price have been a bit of a revelation.

Trinity will be much closer to full strength and might even have Tom Johnstone back who normally scores against the Giants. They are still hamstrung by poor coaching and I expect Huddersfield to take a tight game by 8 points

Another good test for the Giants.

As noted above Wakey have been a hard one for us to overcome over the last couple of years.

But with our renowned confidence and attacking play i'm confident that we will have enough to make it 3 from 3.

Giants by 12 (ish).

The ref is James Child. I'll not be there so it will be much less painful.

When does he retire?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Wakey were 18-0 up after less than quarter of an hour.

It's now Hudds 22 Wakey 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Opening quarter was about as bad as it could have been for the Giants, including losing Ollie Russel for the game

After that, some real impressive grit saw the Giants claw the victory out.

Not seen a Giants team with that much will to work for each other in a few years, the fact it was mostly kids from the Academy is even better. 

9 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Looks like that’s the Chester contract extension announcement delayed for another week. If and when it ever gets announced there’s gonna be fireworks I tell ya FIREWORKS!!!

I’ve not been on the Chester out team like most but something has to change that performance was a disgrace.

Up the Trin 

Kay started at loose forward I think, I'm not sure

The ref was indeed...not good...but he was equally not good, or baffling. 

The score actually flatters Wakey, in that the Giants couldn't kick a goal today 

One huddersfield player must be feeling a bit miffed this evening . Innes Senior should have got the man of match. Without his two fantastic efforts they would not have got their first two try and back into the game. 

I am hoping the Huddersfield club demand his immediate return after such a stunning performance

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Kay started at loose forward I think, I'm not sure

The ref was indeed...not good...but he was equally not good, or baffling. 

The score actually flatters Wakey, in that the Giants couldn't kick a goal today 

Kay was Hooker. He was probably one of very few Wakey players who did ok today. I wouldn’t pay most of them in rusty washers and the less said about Chester the better. 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Did Liam Kay play hooker? It looked like he was down as that on the teamsheet.

Has he ever played hooker before? I found it strange when you’ve got a regular hooker in Kyle Wood on the bench 

Pretty sure Kay covered at 9 against Saints earlier in the season, admittedly due to injuries but he did well enough.

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

One huddersfield player must be feeling a bit miffed this evening . Innes Senior should have got the man of match. Without his two fantastic efforts they would not have got their first two try and back into the game. 

I am hoping the Huddersfield club demand his immediate return after such a stunning performance

Played a blinder did Innes, he should’ve been taken off at HT and told his services were no longer required at Wakefield, I’m sure he’d have found his way into the home dressing room. 

Even at 18-0 down I felt we would win yesterday and we did.

Wakey in my view were very poor, not that we were much better.  There second try was their highlight of the match but from there i don't really remember them troubling our defense too much.

A lot has been said recently of Watson's processes and plans etc and yet again they came to the front yesterday. We played a conservative game for the most but when we needed to we put it out wide and came up with the goods.

A lot of pressure was put on Pryce yesterday with Russell going off after about 20/25mins and at one stage i thought it was going to be too much for him, but he weathered the storm and came through.

We can still improve a lot more and no doubt we will. But for now, it's time to move on to putting another hoodoo to bed and beating Salford on Friday.

1 hour ago, davet said:

Even at 18-0 down I felt we would win yesterday and we did.

Wakey in my view were very poor, not that we were much better.  There second try was their highlight of the match but from there i don't really remember them troubling our defense too much.

A lot has been said recently of Watson's processes and plans etc and yet again they came to the front yesterday. We played a conservative game for the most but when we needed to we put it out wide and came up with the goods.

A lot of pressure was put on Pryce yesterday with Russell going off after about 20/25mins and at one stage i thought it was going to be too much for him, but he weathered the storm and came through.

We can still improve a lot more and no doubt we will. But for now, it's time to move on to putting another hoodoo to bed and beating Salford on Friday.

At least Watson has some processes and plans mate, I and many others are at a loss as to what exactly Chester does apart from blame his poorly coached, poorly conditioned and poorly motivated players.

2 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

At least Watson has some processes and plans mate, I and many others are at a loss as to what exactly Chester does apart from blame his poorly coached, poorly conditioned and poorly motivated players.

And then Chester comes out and says this........

"Some of these players just aren't good enough. Some are struggling with the intensity and the pace of the game. We are embarrassed by that second-half performance."

These are the players he has signed too.

I know we are not world beaters but you could see the joy and elation and relief on the Giants players faces on the final hooter.

Archived