London v Toulouse free on Our League

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I would agree - but it was mostly an academy side in the halves and backs - so I am not sure you can throw the full time/professional tag at them.

I could train full time for £20k p.a. but I am not sure why that would make me a professional standard player.

I was most disappointed in Egodo. I had high hopes for him and especially with the Cas move.

Not sure what his career hopes are now he seems to be dialling it in.

Thanks @Leonard I wasn't aware that 1-7 were mostly academy.

Some of the tackling is just atrocious, and you can see that the players don't want to put their bodies on the line. That right edge defence is embarrassing. 

Back in the SuperLeague days, I followed the Broncos quite a bit (at both Brentford and Stoop) but the club looks like it is dead on its feet now. 

I totally agree re your comment about 20k a year not making players "professional_ standard, but I have to also wonder about the culture put in place by coaches and even senior management. Perhaps they fielded an understrength team, realised they were going to get battered and just tried to limit the damage? However performances like that are simply going to accelerate the downward spiral as fans are.unlikely to return if that is the standard being served up, and the few supporters they do have are unlikely to keep buying tickets.  

Archived