Sat 7 Aug: SL: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/21 at 14:00

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close game on the cards with both missing a few players. In the last game Catalans had a near perfect 1st half (1 error from memory) while Saints had a shocking completion rate of around 54% and ultimately that cost them in the narrow loss.

Saints aren't going to play open attractive rugby under Woolf but I think getting the CC monkey off their backs has helped relieve some pressure and they looked a bit more fluid in attack against Hull.

I'm going for a narrow Saints win by 6 points.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

36 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Close game on the cards with both missing a few players. In the last game Catalans had a near perfect 1st half (1 error from memory) while Saints had a shocking completion rate of around 54% and ultimately that cost them in the narrow loss.

Saints aren't going to play open attractive rugby under Woolf but I think getting the CC monkey off their backs has helped relieve some pressure and they looked a bit more fluid in attack against Hull.

I'm going for a narrow Saints win by 6 points.

Good preview, ST, with which I agree (sadly!)

One of the weaker squads Cats have named this season, especially in their middle rotation. Will be interesting to see how McNamara manages the minutes in the middle, the likes of Seguier, Dezaria or even Chan if selected will likely have to play larger minutes than usually required of them. I expect Saints to win but it should be a good opportunity for those younger guys to test themselves against a strong Saints pack.

Likewise, Mourgue should get another chance to start in the halves against a quality team. The combination between Maloney and Mourgue has been somewhat disjointed when they've paired so far this season, I'm hoping we'll see an improvement in this respect which should set us up for a high quality match.

Looks like 11 French players including two teenagers. After  Franco at HKR another debutant in 18 yr old Rouge in the halves. Second rower Le Cam also involved. Extraordinary.

According to the 'L'Indepentant' this morning. No Sam Tomkins either.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

19 minutes ago, audois said:

Looks like 11 French players including two teenagers. After  Franco at HKR another debutant in 18 yr old Rouge in the halves. Second rower Le Cam also involved. Extraordinary.

Well isn't that going to be some baptism of fire for the young lads! Dodd v Rouge could give us a real peek at the future of SL. Maloney will really need to step up and earn his paycheck to assist Mourgue and Rouge accompanying him in the spine. 

Le Cam could be really fascinating to watch, we've really never seen his body type in top level RL before and it will be interesting to see the challenges he'll face and the point of difference he can provide at the highest level.

I would probably back us to win on the basis of the number of players that Catalans have injured. That means that this game probably won't be the benchmark for Catalans to see if they do have the ability to go all the way this year. 

Catalans have been excellent but would not be able to get away with giving away leads and recovering as they have done recently against the likes of Saints and Warrington. If they can cut that habit out, they have as good of a chance as anyone going forward.

It has been pouring with rain in St Helens for the best part of 48 hours so it probably isn't going to be the most slick or high scoring of matches, which probably goes in our favour too.

2 hours ago, audois said:

I'll be very interested to see how Le Cam handles himself at this level. A very promising young talent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 French players now with Laguerre playing in the centres - 5th run out for this lad.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

19 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Can’t wait for this - could be an absolute cracker 

Yeah can't wait for this.... watching it with two union goons on the soafa now as the main event of a twin header today with the Lions game as dessert..... Don't let me down guys let league be the winner and come on Cats! 

Archived