Sat 7 Aug: SL: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/21 at 14:00

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Man of Kent said:

Dodd seems to get more influential with each passing game. He’s going to be some player. 

Just about to post. If Lewis Dodd was in the NRL he would be described at the kind of player we don't produce over here.

I think he has everything to be a top top class player.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Dodd seems to get more influential with each passing game. He’s going to be some player. 

St Helens haven't rushed him in his first-team experience, which will probably pay off in the long run.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love the way Morgan Knowles plays. Absolutely 100% in everything he does.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

St Helens haven't rushed him in his first-team experience, which will probably pay off in the long run.

He played as a hooker last season a few times didn't he? Looks a belter.

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

He played as a hooker last season a few times didn't he? Looks a belter.

St Helens have had the luxury of not needing him too often, as their main injuries have been elsewhere in the side. In different circumstances, he may have been chucked in at the deep end. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lewis Dodd is a brilliant player but we must be patient. Young talent needs to be nurtured and supported.

He will have his bad games and make mistakes but he has genuine ability, dedication and a lovely family behind him.

Saints were good today and weren't really tested too much. 

Sione I believe is under rated and has been excellent since arriving, it may take us time to acknowledge what he brings, I feel this can happen at times and has before.

I was delighted with Catalan, they filed a very French you f team a d they didn't disgrace themselves, far from it. They stayed in touching distance most the game without really threatening but will learn from this and grow. The future is bright in France I believe, I'm looking forward to them continuing their journey towards success.

Just watched the game; decent hard fought match. 

Some good young players coming through in Perpignan. Laguerre probably got the plaudits but thought Dezaria was the best; very good in defence. Rouge tried hard and will get better. Goudemand and Segieur looked good. Chan whilst only briefly on is a player… 

As for Saints, really excited by Lewis Dodd. He could turn out to be an absolute belting player. Good win.

The game wasn’t as bad as i thought it would be, and both sides handled the ball well considering the conditions. Some of the tackles were real bone crunchers and i honestly don’t know how they get up and just carry on playing. Both sin-binning’s were harsh, but i was very impressed with the young Catalans player’s they never took a backward step. I thought the Ref did a decent job, i wouldn’t want to be an official because some of the abuse they get really is shocking. I know people say it’s the heat of the moment or they had one pint too many but at times it’s embarrassing. 

Head line in yesterdays 'L'Independant' ran " Saints - Dragons, priez pour eux"

Pray for them!

Last season Catalan took two losses 34-6 and 48-2

Outside the early 15 mins or so the young guard dug in

Not surprising McNamara saw something special, yesterday - maybe a real turning point in their evolution

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

4 hours ago, Josef K said:

Not all Saints fans i didn’t. 

So that makes it ok then.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

So that makes it ok then.

Untwist your knickers, did i say it was ok to boo an injured player……..i don’t think i did. Was it my fault that some people chose to jeer, i don’t think it was. There were plenty of fan’s who gave the lad a round of applause as he went off. 

I said on another thread a few months ago that Catalans so far this year had suffered relatively few injuries compared to most other clubs and their real test would come when they had to play without some of their key spine players. Would they have the quality in the squad as a whole to be genuine title contenders, and I think the answer from Saturday's game is no.

If they can keep the majority of their key players fit then they're still in with a shout of OT but if they can't then I can't see them getting anywhere near.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

11 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

11 players injured, how many teams would perform?

None.

I'll be very interested to see how many injuries they have for their next game.

Had more than a whiff of missing a couple then throwing the game to give the rest a rest to me.

7 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

I'll be very interested to see how many injuries they have for their next game.

Had more than a whiff of missing a couple then throwing the game to give the rest a rest to me.

Jullien Seguier and Laguerre went off injured during the game.
All faking it?

14 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Jullien Seguier and Laguerre went off injured during the game.
All faking it?

I dont think thats what he was alluding to. Before the game McNamara hinted that some players were being 'rested' rather than all being injured and that they could have played f they really needed him them to.

Saints made a similar tactical decision to rest players last season against Salford. It cost them the hubcap but ultimately saw them go on to win the GF.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived