Rugby World Cup 2022 - your suggestions please

Okay folks, I want to see some suggestions about what the NRL clubs' excuse will be for undermining the wider fate of the game about 11 months from now.

Give yourselves 1 point for small-minded cynicism, 2 points for laughably unbelievable drivel and 3 points for something that only Phil Gould would defend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm going for a 2-pointer: The NRL announces that, because never in history has an Australian team on an aeroplane been abducted and probed by aliens, such an incident is obviously long overdue and it's too big a risk to take.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the UK fans are much closer to the pitch than in the NRL and they shout a lot at games, often they boo Australia and cheer the opposition. This has the potential to create both acoustic shock and emotional upset to our players and officials.

The RLWC has repeatedly refused a NRL request to ban all supporters who have not been personally liked by Phil Gould on social media from attending.

The ARLC therefore feel there exists an unacceptable risk to player health and welfare and have withdrawn from this competition.

We will shortly be informing the NZRL that they have also decided not to attend.

2022 will be the 50th anniversary of both Brett Mullins' and Brad Fittler's births. So it would be inappropriate to drag the Kangaroo players away from any end of season parties, especially Freddie's.

Also in 2022 there will be a French Presidential Election. Given the likelihood of terror attacks on the Eiffel Tower in the light of this politically charged event, best the Aussies stay away.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I'm going for a 2-pointer: The NRL announces that, because never in history has an Australian team on an aeroplane been abducted and probed by aliens, such an incident is obviously long overdue and it's too big a risk to take.

The Aussies being complete ' know it alls ' would be telling the aliens how to do the ' probing ' properly , so they wouldn't bother and would put the plane back and wipe out the memory MIB style 

2023 is the 35th anniversary of beloved Aussie soap Home and Away.

Holding a World Cup in 2022 would seriously jeopardise any Australian TV coverage of the event, because Wally Lewis (whose son was in H&A) and Nate Myles (whose wife was) will be busy planning anniversary events.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Australia announces the inaugural 'Cup of the World' to take place in November 2022, featuring New South Wales, Queensland and with a vague mention of a Western Australia team being in the running for the 2026 event.

On 08/08/2021 at 07:44, Futtocks said:

Okay folks, I want to see some suggestions about what the NRL clubs' excuse will be for undermining the wider fate of the game about 11 months from now.

Give yourselves 1 point for small-minded cynicism, 2 points for laughably unbelievable drivel and 3 points for something that only Phil Gould would defend.

As sure as eggs are eggs the ARLC  will find an excuse not to come to the 2022 world cup and so will there sycophants the NZRL.

Premier says NSW must learn to live with COVID, as CMO calls for ‘circuit-breaker’

The nation’s Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said low vaccination rates, non-compliance and the speed of diagnosis highlighted the need to reconsider the state’s strategy.

By Lucy Cormack, Lucy Carroll and Mary Ward

ARLC and NZRL say no!

Skippy the bush kangaroo turns up at Moore Park to reveal that an old bushman's beloved dog has been stolen.  Every single NRL player is required to go and look for it. 

Archived