Hey ho, onto Heywood Road

RogerT

Lets get back to winning ways against an improved Swinton, the only time I have been there was 2016, Keegan's last season.

Agree, not a game to take lightly, not that there really are any now. Will need a bit but more guile and leadership than we saw in the 2nd half last weekend. Swinton are pretty quick and were good at our place. Full concentration needed here.

You will be a tad happier now phildog Bowman named in the 21 as is Chandler again, but as we know that can change between now and kick off.

If he is one of those under the covid protocol, then once out of isolation they have to do a further 7 days under the Fit to Play protocol, my understanding is there might have been 2/3 players under covid.

2 minutes ago, Bull pups said:

And where's levi?? Leeds where only calling him back to play first team and seeing as he didn't play at Leeds he should be playing for us or is he injured?

Looks like he is in the 21 man squad to me , read it again

IMG_0583.JPG

Clearly 3 of Brown, Buchanan, Hall and Lillycrop were the Covid 3, Hooley was out of his boot last Sunday but was reckoning on 3 more weeks so doubt he'll play, that's 1 off the 21. IF the other 20 are actually fit then clearly Joe doesn't make the 17 so 2 more have to be left out. Despite my former machinations, in a game we really need to win then Bowman and Tonks need another week to get up to speed. Trouble is there isn't a 'soft' game anymore where injured players can be eased in, it's all full throttle now so maybe they might just get thrown in, sink or swim, survive or go down again.

Well done on your win against Swinton today.Best Batley side i have seen in a few years.And your club is run the right way owning your own ground improving facilities when spare cash allows,and not overspending on the wages budget.You are my favourite away fixture it's the first away fixture i look up to see the game date when a new season starts.

51 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I fear not if Bradford keep winning they are 2 fixtures behind us.

This is true Rog, but we have a slightly better points difference so they do have to keep winning, and more importantly, keep playing and winning. Also, Halifax are more likely to stop us getting third. As everyone says, that final game of the season might be fun!

The more games we play the more we're penalised. Bulls can call off games or have them postponed by the RFL and keep their % up. It stinks. For the sake of saving 9 points against we could have called Fev off and still been in the same position. That's why I doubt we'll catch Bulls or Fax....could be wrong.

9 hours ago, phildog said:

The more games we play the more we're penalised. Bulls can call off games or have them postponed by the RFL and keep their % up. It stinks. For the sake of saving 9 points against we could have called Fev off and still been in the same position. That's why I doubt we'll catch Bulls or Fax....could be wrong.

No, that's not right. If we keep winning it benefits us. An example. If Bradford do not play next week, and we beat Sheffield we would go above them as we would then have a better points difference and the same win %. Keep winning and the % goes up. Don't play and the % remains the same. 

But if 1 team plays and another doesn't it increases the chance of losing therefore lowering the %. That's why playing the game is unfair on those who do.

Archived