Hey ho, onto Heywood Road

RogerT

1 hour ago, phildog said:

But if 1 team plays and another doesn't it increases the chance of losing therefore lowering the %. That's why playing the game is unfair on those who do.

Bulls haven't had a game called off due to Covid-19 that was the Bulls choice. Toulouse away and Sheffield at home only games called off. We are trying to re-arrange the Sheffield game but they don't seem interested. I reckon it's likely Bulls V Batley in playoffs, JK said he would likely rest players not 100% after the Swinton game with playoffs in mind so probably a few defeats for us.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

But if 1 team plays and another doesn't it increases the chance of losing therefore lowering the %. That's why playing the game is unfair on those who do.

I disagree. It depends who the opponents are. Would you have been happy if yesterday's game was called off? And if 1 team plays and another doesn't, doesn't the team that plays also have an increased chance of winning and therefore increasing their %. The only issue is if a club behaves unethically and chooses which games they suddenly have a covid outbreak for. And of course, none of us would suggest that. 

4 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Bulls haven't had a game called off due to Covid-19 that was the Bulls choice. Toulouse away and Sheffield at home only games called off. We are trying to re-arrange the Sheffield game but they don't seem interested. I reckon it's likely Bulls V Batley in playoffs, JK said he would likely rest players not 100% after the Swinton game with playoffs in mind so probably a few defeats for us.

That's fine when teams have big squads of Championship standard players as Bradford have. I doubt that Bradford would be relying on a player that had not pulled a shirt on for 2 seasons as Batley did against Fev..

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

16 hours ago, phildog said:

The more games we play the more we're penalised. Bulls can call off games or have them postponed by the RFL and keep their % up. It stinks. For the sake of saving 9 points against we could have called Fev off and still been in the same position. That's why I doubt we'll catch Bulls or Fax....could be wrong.

But think of all the money that you would have lost.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

45 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

But think of all the money that you would have lost.

Many a true word etc.

The finances provided by the Fev game would have been very welcome by KN, after all, we have had to pay out a lot of winning pay so far this season.

Yes Batley weathered the pressure from Swinton the first half and then scored at key points at the end of the first half and then immediately at the start of the second half that killed Swinton off. I think Gilmoor and your #9 ran the game for Batley.

I agree with sentoffagain2's comment as I also look forward to going to Batley.

Good luck and hope you get in the play offs

2 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Yes Batley weathered the pressure from Swinton the first half and then scored at key points at the end of the first half and then immediately at the start of the second half that killed Swinton off. I think Gilmoor and your #9 ran the game for Batley.

I agree with sentoffagain2's comment as I also look forward to going to Batley.

Good luck and hope you get in the play offs

I have to say Cox looks a decent centre, I wonder what he's doing in 2022?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 hours ago, ernieone said:

That's fine when teams have big squads of Championship standard players as Bradford have. I doubt that Bradford would be relying on a player that had not pulled a shirt on for 2 seasons as Batley did against Fev..

Bulls have 29 players in first time squad this year but 5 of these are from the Academy and not ready for Championship RL. So 24 first teamseason players 2 long-term injuries and 2 players have not played this season due to injuries, we have competed with 20 players for most of year.

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Bulls have 29 players in first time squad this year but 5 of these are from the Academy and not ready for Championship RL. So 24 first teamseason players 2 long-term injuries and 2 players have not played this season due to injuries, we have competed with 20 players for most of year.

20? Luxury!! We've played wi' 18 - two wi' limps, coupla broken backs and one wi' no 'ead!!! 😁

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I have to say Cox looks a decent centre, I wonder what he's doing in 2022?

I remember saying that about Macaulay Hallett when he played for Swinton a couple of years back...😶

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

🎻🎻🎻🎻

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Anyone know if there's any highlights of Swinton match anywhere.

Highlights at the moment  I believe, are difficult to sort( not bissa's area) All being well BISSA should have copies of the full game available at the BISSA stall on Sunday. 

They are £5, with ALL funds going into the BISSA fund that has helped sign the FAB 4. 

Colinb.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived