Dewsbury v Widnes

LeagueConvert

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Couldn’t agree more and my feeling in that first half was that we weren’t missing any of the “old hands”

Get Day, Walton and Ryder back in Sunday’s team and I’d be a happy bunny. 

Ryder was at the game but won't be ready for a couple of weeks yet. Day had a knock previously so might not yet be ready. Sadly, I don't think that we will see Walton play again for us.

What has happened to Hall, by the way? I was quite impressed when he first played but injury/illness/form seem to be keeping him out of the reckoning. As CF said it will be unlikely that either Beckett or Ferguson will be allowed to play next week so some opportunities in the pack for whoever is able to grasp them.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, POR said:

For that to happen  C the rams will need to catch it  FEV played two games when they had more than 7 out with covid  so  won't postpone🩺

Oh POR, so serious! It was only wishful thinking on Coolie’s part. 
We realise it will be back to normal next Sunday and we take a pounding. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

28 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Don't be pessimistic CF. Remember 2019 when you were supposed to get a pounding and you gave us a pounding instead. Owt can happen. 

1 minute ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Don't be pessimistic CF. Remember 2019 when you were supposed to get a pounding and you gave us a pounding instead. Owt can happen. 

Lol

Do you wanna bet 🤔🤔🤔

I'll take featherstone with 10 start🤔😉😉😉😉😉😉

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Not really CF just pointing out to C that the rams would have to take things into their  own hands for his wish to come true 😀

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If we keep the score under 40, it will be a surprise.

The trouble is some are accepting these heavy defeats now.We should be able to compete with most if not all the teams in this league. That's what Mark wanted many moons ago.Fev.rovers seemed to have always been competitive,even now there are no pits.With respect to them are they still known as a village,or a town.Lee next season must get it right at the start.

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

The trouble is some are accepting these heavy defeats now.We should be able to compete with most if not all the teams in this league. That's what Mark wanted many moons ago.Fev.rovers seemed to have always been competitive,even now there are no pits.With respect to them are they still known as a village,or a town.Lee next season must get it right at the start.

Dunt matter if there’s pits or not. They have bigger gates, better sponsorship, excellent relationship with the Rhinos and henceforth ….a much bigger pot of brass to work with.  
we could be top of the league and wouldn’t get gates anything like theirs. 

4 minutes ago, NickD said:

Dunt matter if there’s pits or not. They have bigger gates, better sponsorship, excellent relationship with the Rhinos and henceforth ….a much bigger pot of brass to work with.  
we could be top of the league and wouldn’t get gates anything like theirs. 

You talk as if they get thousands,just about two may be.Tell mark how to get Henceforth then.

26 minutes ago, silcoates said:

You talk as if they get thousands,just about two may be.Tell mark how to get Henceforth then.

They got more than 1000 more than us each home game.   That’s gunna be close to £18000 more each game.  Times that by number of home games and it’s a few Bob.  

17 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

You should have realised by now that POR has zero sense of humour when it comes to Fev.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You should have realised by now that POR has zero sense of humour when it comes to Fev.

It certainly looks that way and probably in life in general too. Bet he’s not the life and soul of a party.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, NickD said:

They got more than 1000 more than us each home game.   That’s gunna be close to £18000 more each game.  Times that by number of home games and it’s a few Bob.  

Just excuses,what about the advantages we over them,car boot,pitchs' and Henceforth.What about Batley they aren't doing so bad.So the rams are as poor as church mice are they.aDon't you believe it.I'll ask again are they a village or not?

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Just excuses,what about the advantages we over them,car boot,pitchs' and Henceforth.What about Batley they aren't doing so bad.So the rams are as poor as church mice are they.aDon't you believe it.I'll ask again are they a village or not?

So Nick gave you an estimate of how much more their gates bring in. What income are you saying that we generate from our non-RL activities?

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

So Nick gave you an estimate of how much more their gates bring in. What income are you saying that we generate from our non-RL activities?

Come on BSJ, are you seriously suggesting that you don't make up that £18000 shortfall per week on the boot sale?

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So that figure is fact is it?Of course it isn't . That's the point ,no body like us get to know any more.True facts and figures and then we can debate how poor we are. No program any more,dews.reporter a week behind with any news.50p for a team sheet ,on the back all the squad.Why not fill that with what is happening at the club.

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

So that figure is fact is it?Of course it isn't . That's the point ,no body like us get to know any more.True facts and figures and then we can debate how poor we are. No program any more,dews.reporter a week behind with any news.50p for a team sheet ,on the back all the squad.Why not fill that with what is happening at the club.

He showed you his calculation. It might be a "back of a fag packet" attempt but does indicate the ball park. You decry it for being inaccurate but have no facts of your own to counter it with. I really don't understand what your beef is.

Elsewhere we have been told that a fans' forum will be organised shortly so that would be an ideal opportunity for you to ask all of these questions. I doubt that anyone posting on here could give you any figures.

Now, what about Fev on Sunday?

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Since the demise of the club programme there doesn’t seem to be any comments coming from the chairman about what is happening at the club.  The Dewsbury reporter doesn’t carry upto date info either and rarely is there any comment from MS in the RL Express regarding Dewsbury.

I would be interested to hear an update from the chairman on the current state of the club and the attendances, the state of the game in general and plans for the future.

On the plus side a new media manager has come in and is putting out content again.

Personally I’d like to see the club send players around the schools, engaging with community and running the rampage club again. But I’m guessing any money we have is been concentrated on keeping the club in the division.

rambo.gif

On 16/08/2021 at 19:58, Blind side johnny said:

What has happened to Hall, by the way? I was quite impressed when he first played but injury/illness/form seem to be keeping him out of the reckoning. 

Really rated Hall too.  Big lad who always looked to get the ball away.  thought he had a big future tone honest....

Archived