Jump to content

Chris Chester (Merged threads)


Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:
  • The club named and shamed by HMRC for minimum wage breaches. 

Minor point but wasn't that Wigan?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12176199/st-johnstone-and-wigan-warriors-named-on-governments-rogue-employers-list

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-22400-minimum-wage-workers-to-receive-millions-in-backpay

Spirit of 1873 Ltd, trading as Wakefield Trinity, Wakefield WF1, failed to pay £12,370.45 to 27 workers, with average arrears of £458.16 per worker

In the interests of balance, from the same 'name and shame' round...

Huddersfield Giants Limited, Kirklees HD1, failed to pay £7,801.70 to 24 workers, with average arrears of £325.07 per worker

Edited by whatmichaelsays
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-22400-minimum-wage-workers-to-receive-millions-in-backpay

Spirit of 1873 Ltd, trading as Wakefield Trinity, Wakefield WF1, failed to pay £12,370.45 to 27 workers, with average arrears of £458.16 per worker

In the interests of balance, from the same 'name and shame' round...

Huddersfield Giants Limited, Kirklees HD1, failed to pay £7,801.70 to 24 workers, with average arrears of £325.07 per worker

Back in 2016. Spirit of 1873 😉 I still have the T Shirt.

Thought you were referring to a recent one I'd missed. Fair enough.  Forelock tugged.

Anyway lets see who the applicants are.  Hopefully not Brian McDermott.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Damien said:

Seriously how would this from Michael Carter appeal to any coach:

“Sadly, the last two years have been difficult for many reasons with injuries and COVID decimating us at times. There have been numerous occasions where we could have sought a postponement but played on with weakened teams, and ultimately that has reflected on Chris. He has also never been given the opportunity to spend the full salary cap. To truly compete these days, clubs need either a wealthy benefactor or large crowds and substantial off field income, none of which Chris has ever enjoyed here. At times, it must have felt like coaching with both hands tied behind his back.

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2021/08/10/chris-chester-leaves-wakefield-trinity/

Carter is too close to Chester and that has lead to at least 3 years of Trinity suffering under a Coach that was demonstrably not good enough!

The statement Carter has made is also a result of him being forced into sacking his best mate. It’s full of excuses and over the top praise which quite frankly would leave anyone thinking ‘why have you sacked him then’.

Its also lead to Wakefield paying Chester for a new contract that they’ve talked about! Carter is often pleading poverty yet he’s happy to pay Chester for the next year or two despite him being out of contract at the end of the season, that’s purely because he’s his mate and nothing else! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Carter is too close to Chester and that has lead to at least 3 years of Trinity suffering under a Coach that was demonstrably not good enough!

The statement Carter has made is also a result of him being forced into sacking his best mate. It’s full of excuses and over the top praise which quite frankly would leave anyone thinking ‘why have you sacked him then’.

Its also lead to Wakefield paying Chester for a new contract that they’ve talked about! Carter is often pleading poverty yet he’s happy to pay Chester for the next year or two despite him being out of contract at the end of the season, that’s purely because he’s his mate and nothing else! 

Carter comes across a bit like a Victorian mill owner, 'It's my club and I'll do what I bloody well like' etc. This isn't unique to Wakefield, a few Super League clubs seem to have an extremely pointy hierarchy with a lack of oversight.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Carter is too close to Chester and that has lead to at least 3 years of Trinity suffering under a Coach that was demonstrably not good enough!

The statement Carter has made is also a result of him being forced into sacking his best mate. It’s full of excuses and over the top praise which quite frankly would leave anyone thinking ‘why have you sacked him then’.

Its also lead to Wakefield paying Chester for a new contract that they’ve talked about! Carter is often pleading poverty yet he’s happy to pay Chester for the next year or two despite him being out of contract at the end of the season, that’s purely because he’s his mate and nothing else! 

It was reported as nothing was signed and this was a verbal discussion. That is perplexing as didn't Carter have a go at some of the squad players unhappy at enforced pay cuts last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The more I read that statement its easy to see what is wrong with our game. Wakefield have been getting by for too long just collecting sky money while holding back any teams who could potentially do better. They are not the only one like.

You mean Wakefield is a team that runs within its means based on its Sky income and other income generated through turnstiles and merchandise etc. Not supported by a sugar daddy who could pull the plug at anytime. Which teams out of interest could do better, how and why, not having a dig here but just interested in an expansion of your post

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The more I read that statement its easy to see what is wrong with our game. Wakefield have been getting by for too long just collecting sky money while holding back any teams who could potentially do better. They are not the only one like.

I wouldn't say Wakefield hold the game back but having a situation where a club that spends £1m less than other clubs is in no danger of relegation because there's a worse team presumably spending even less money does hold the game back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

You mean Wakefield is a team that runs within its means based on its Sky income and other income generated through turnstiles and merchandise etc. Not supported by a sugar daddy who could pull the plug at anytime. Which teams out of interest could do better, how and why, not having a dig here but just interested in an expansion of your post

True but by keeping money off Tornoto and then Leigh they have tried to shield themselves from even competition from relegation. We´d all like Wakey to do well and be another team who can be competitive. It´s why that 3g pitch and developement will be so important to unlocking the potential of a city with 100,000 people (the same as Wigan) and no competition from association football. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

Speaking of which, what *is* happening with the ground at Wakey? 

Nothing until that bone idle MDC planning committee sits and rubber stamps the application.

Apart from the work done on the floodlights and changing area/pub roof that didnt need p.p. obviously.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

True but by keeping money off Tornoto and then Leigh they have tried to shield themselves from even competition from relegation. We´d all like Wakey to do well and be another team who can be competitive. It´s why that 3g pitch and developement will be so important to unlocking the potential of a city with 100,000 people (the same as Wigan) and no competition from association football. 

 

People in Wakey who want to watch soccer go to Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield...not having a pro club in the city in a red herring.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

True but by keeping money off Tornoto and then Leigh they have tried to shield themselves from even competition from relegation. We´d all like Wakey to do well and be another team who can be competitive. It´s why that 3g pitch and developement will be so important to unlocking the potential of a city with 100,000 people (the same as Wigan) and no competition from association football. 

Apart from all those from Wakefield who watch Barnsley, Huddersfield Town or Leeds United?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

People in Wakey who want to watch soccer go to Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield...not having a pro club in the city in a red herring.

There is only one elite sports team that carries the city's name, however, and that should be a huge advantage which Wakefield have never managed to capitalise on for various reasons.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

There is only one elite sports team that carries the city's name, however, and that should be a huge advantage which Wakefield have never managed to capitalise on for various reasons.

OK, but why is the lack of a pro football club an issue for some then, when, as we know, people aren't going to stop watching Leeds United to follow a rubbish team in their home city?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RigbyLuger said:

OK, but why is the lack of a pro football club an issue for some then, when, as we know, people aren't going to stop watching Leeds United to follow a rubbish team in their home city?

I don't know. Football is actually the no.1 sport in Wakefield as it is in every city in the UK. As many people probably go to watch professional football from Wakefield each week as rock up at Belle Vue. 

I was born in Wakefield and spent my childhood there. It always seemed like a completely missed opportunity to use the City to help to build a bigger presence at games, corporately and in the national psyche. When people anywhere in the UK hear the name of the town St Helens - many of them automatically think of rugby. When I tell people I'm from Wakefield many are unsure until you add near Leeds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Nothing until that bone idle MDC planning committee sits and rubber stamps the application.

Apart from the work done on the floodlights and changing area/pub roof that didnt need p.p. obviously.

The Belle Vue part of it is a rubber stamping issue. However the enabling development is a whole different kettle of fish and far from a certainty.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...