Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster KO 15:00

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SATURDAY 14th AUGUST
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town

SUNDAY 15th AUGUST
Hunslet v London Skolars
Keighley Cougars v Coventry Bears - hoping for a reaction after Sunday's disappointment
North Wales Crusaders v Barrow Raiders
Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 14th AUGUST
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town KO 15:00. Town to win but Raiders to give a good account of themselves

SUNDAY 15th AUGUST
Hunslet v London Skolars KO 15:00. Tight game, could be a draw
Keighley Cougars v Coventry Bears KO 15:00. Another tight game with Cougars just edging it
North Wales Crusaders v Barrow Raiders KO 14:30. Crusaders on a roll and Barrow top of the league. A close game with Barrow just getting clear late on in the match.
Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster KO 15:00. Rochdale to beat an out of form Doncaster by 12.

Really hope I get to go on Sunday (it's looking 50:50 at the moment) as I think it'll be a cracking game if we continue the way we've been going.... I just hope we don't fold and get hammered.

Whichever way our game goes,the league table could look quite different on Sunday evening.... will Donny see off Hornets? Will Skolars and Bears spoil Cougars and Hunslet's weekend??? Who knows!!!!

..actually, if we lose and hornets, cougars and hunslet win, the win percentages will still leave us 4th, hornets 5th, cougars and hunslet 6th and 7th, UNLESS hornets leap-frog us into 4th on points difference as we'll be on the same win %....

...so Up the Dons!!!! lol

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

SATURDAY 14th AUGUST
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town 

SUNDAY 15th AUGUST
Hunslet v London Skolars 
Keighley Cougars v Coventry Bears
North Wales Crusaders v Barrow Raiders
Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster KO 15:00

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

29 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

Raiders having a good crack at Town, 16-22 at half-time!!! Go Raiders, go Raiders!!!!!!

22-28 at the moment. In some ways Raiders are the club of the season. 

I'll say it again I hope the powers that be can see the progress being made in league 1. The standard is improving year on year and the clubs in the bottom half also improving all the time. League 1 is the most competitive it's been for years and it would be devasting to lose all that progress overnight 

28 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

I'll say it again I hope the powers that be can see the progress being made in league 1. The standard is improving year on year and the clubs in the bottom half also improving all the time. League 1 is the most competitive it's been for years and it would be devasting to lose all that progress overnight 

👏👏👏 unfortunately i don’t have any confidence that the SL teams care - I really fear for the expansion teams future 🙁

28 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

👏👏👏 unfortunately i don’t have any confidence that the SL teams care - I really fear for the expansion teams future 🙁

Skolars ex owner tweeted tonight that RFL made no contact with the club about the switch of the CC to Spurs even though it’s on the same road as New River. Shows how much thought is given to L1 sides. 

12 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Skolars ex owner tweeted tonight that RFL made no contact with the club about the switch of the CC to Spurs even though it’s on the same road as New River. Shows how much thought is given to L1 sides. 

Am I missing something here? Why on earth should the RFL ( of whom I am no fan) inform the Skolars of the change of venue of the CC final? I know you schedule a home match for the eve of the final, apart from that why do you expect to be kept in the loop???

22 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Am I missing something here? Why on earth should the RFL ( of whom I am no fan) inform the Skolars of the change of venue of the CC final? I know you schedule a home match for the eve of the final, apart from that why do you expect to be kept in the loop???

not just Skolars, but surely all member clubs should have been informed the switch was being looked at before it was announced???

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

…because we would have worked with the local council to promote it, for example. Because it’s an opportunity to grow the sport locally. Because when England played NZ at West Ham’s ground that happened. If you think about the sport as a whole this is a missed opportunity. 

Why wouldn’t they give us advance notice about a game on the same road we play on in a city where hardly anyone has heard of RL and we would have the opportunity to work with Harringey Council,  Spurs Foundation and others from the get go to raise the profile of the sport here?

3 hours ago, EssexRL said:

…because we would have worked with the local council to promote it, for example. Because it’s an opportunity to grow the sport locally. Because when England played NZ at West Ham’s ground that happened. If you think about the sport as a whole this is a missed opportunity. 

Why wouldn’t they give us advance notice about a game on the same road we play on in a city where hardly anyone has heard of RL and we would have the opportunity to work with Harringey Council,  Spurs Foundation and others from the get go to raise the profile of the sport here?

And you’ve still got 9 months to do all that!!!

1 hour ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

And you’ve still got 9 months to do all that!!!

But that’s not my point. My point is there was an opportunity when the switch was made. (Although I wonder if there will be any cooperation with the club). This is OTT however. Im expecting a London win today. 

Archived