Sun 15 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/21 at 14:30

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper a Wire win, but there is always the intrigue of wondering which Wire will turn up. I think Trin was the last away match I did pre-covid, we had nilled Saint's at the HJ the game before, rocked up and Trin were better than us in every department and it was bludy freezing 🥶  either way, will be back there Sunday, shalom 👍

11 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Be interesting from a Warrington point of view do widdop Williams and Austin all play and in what combination, I would play Austin at LF with widdop and Williams in the halves. 

Agreed. With Clark in at 9 and Ratchford at full back Wire will either be formidable or the embarrassment of riches will be their undoing.

12 hours ago, CiderWire said:

Agreed. With Clark in at 9 and Ratchford at full back Wire will either be formidable or the embarrassment of riches will be their undoing.

Clark is banned for this game and with Hughes also banned Austin will probably play loose. 

16 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

Only able to announce a 19 man squad for this, we look light upfront for this one.

Looks like king and Ratchford in the pack at 2nd row and LF. Wrench and Mamo centres and possibly Ashton at FB. Williams, Austin at halves with widdop on the bench. 

47 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Looks like king and Ratchford in the pack at 2nd row and LF. Wrench and Mamo centres and possibly Ashton at FB. Williams, Austin at halves with widdop on the bench. 

Experimental. Wakefield will be fired up, so hopefully the young guns will be ready for that.

46 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Experimental. Wakefield will be fired up, so hopefully the young guns will be ready for that.

No opinion yet? are you positive or your usual glass half empty 😁

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

It’s a lot of moving around, didn’t Wrench play back row in the academy? Just wondering whether that would be better than getting King to swap sides?

The players will respond to the sacking of chester by upping their game and I hope we are aware of and wise to this fact.  We should have enough in the tank to win by 18 but if we start thinking we've already won before kick off then we could be in trouble. I would keep the team disruption to a minimum, maybe widdop/Williams in the halves and austin at loose forward.  

Wakefield 12 Warrington 30.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

No opinion yet? are you positive or your usual glass half empty 😁

I'm predicting a battering for us in the first half, followed by a recovery in the second and a close victory by one score. That's about as positive as you'll get from me! Wrench to score the winner.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'm predicting a battering for us in the first half, followed by a recovery in the second and a close victory by one score. That's about as positive as you'll get from me! Wrench to score the winner.

Sounds like you've finished that glass. Just a note we've only dropped points against Yorkshire sides this season. 

Chester's years of lazy coaching and low all round standards have left a poor legacy at Wakey. I would be very surprised if his deputy will have had time to try to put right the many short commings of the squad. 

Wakey may show some fight and spirit but I dont think they have enough to beat wire. However if wire take it too easy, we may see a shock result and wakey get suprised win.

14 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

I would be very surprised if his deputy will have had time to try to put right the many short commings of the squad. 

Interestingly, Poching was Smith’s assistant at Warrington when we had that golden ‘attack’ period 2010-13. Whether he has the Arsenal at his disposal at Wakefield is the question.

33 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Interestingly, Poching was Smith’s assistant at Warrington when we had that golden ‘attack’ period 2010-13. Whether he has the Arsenal at his disposal at Wakefield is the question.

Think that was Smith and not poaching. The recent transformation of HKR  tends to confirm that.

Nice few Wire fans made the journey across. 👏

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Is Andy Last still at Wakey or did he depart with Chester?

Plenty of early pressure on Wire as Trin force the drop out.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived