Sun 15 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/21 at 14:30

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westerman knocks on.

I don't believe it.

Ben Currie now drops the ball, Wakey breathe a collective sigh of relief.

2 1/2 mins left.

Penalty for ball steal to Wakey given away by Ratchford after ref calls held.

Wakey go for the goal kick.

If it's good then they have a minute or so when they receive a Wire kick off to hope they don't make an error.

I'd be tempted to kick it wide deliberately.

Goal good.

28-22.

13 seconds left.

Johnstone catches the kick off, game over.

8 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

3 of the top 4 turned over. A good weekends rugby.

Just Hull FC letting the side down as usual.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Have you not watched Westerman before?

🤣 Rather obviously I have.

However, it was still an amazing error given that Wakey only had to keep possession to win.

Then again, it was Westerman...so you're right and I'm talking ball locks.

The results of this round have turned out well for Catalans, but they must be very aware of the likely reaction to this defeat by the Wire, unless Price is losing the plot as it would seem that Chester had; but I don't think Price is.

Meanwhile, Cas -v- Wakey in the next round has added spice (if that pairing ever needs it!), with both celebrating against-the-odds victories in this round.

1 hour ago, voteronniegibbs said:

3 of the top 4 turned over. A good weekends rugby.

First complete round of fixtures for quite some time too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well done wakey, from a Warrington point of view it seams price struggles to prepare for teams were they were favourites to win as all drop points have been against teams lower in the league and have yet to lose against Wigan, Saints and cats. 

Archived