Sun 15 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/21 at 14:30

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Westerman knocks on.

I don't believe it.

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Ben Currie now drops the ball, Wakey breathe a collective sigh of relief.

2 1/2 mins left.

Penalty for ball steal to Wakey given away by Ratchford after ref calls held.

Wakey go for the goal kick.

If it's good then they have a minute or so when they receive a Wire kick off to hope they don't make an error.

I'd be tempted to kick it wide deliberately.

Goal good.

28-22.

13 seconds left.

Johnstone catches the kick off, game over.

8 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

3 of the top 4 turned over. A good weekends rugby.

Just Hull FC letting the side down as usual.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well done Wakefield, looking forward to seeing the highlights.

I wonder what are the thoughts of Chris Chester? It is not as though there has been a radical change in personel or time for different tactics to sink in, maybe his face just did not fit with the player's any longer.

Maybe the new coach has already made it clear who he thinks is stealing a wage packet.

• Like 1

Wibble

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Have you not watched Westerman before?

🤣 Rather obviously I have.

However, it was still an amazing error given that Wakey only had to keep possession to win.

Then again, it was Westerman...so you're right and I'm talking ball locks.

• Haha 1

The results of this round have turned out well for Catalans, but they must be very aware of the likely reaction to this defeat by the Wire, unless Price is losing the plot as it would seem that Chester had; but I don't think Price is.

Meanwhile, Cas -v- Wakey in the next round has added spice (if that pairing ever needs it!), with both celebrating against-the-odds victories in this round.

Well done wakey, from a Warrington point of view it seams price struggles to prepare for teams were they were favourites to win as all drop points have been against teams lower in the league and have yet to lose against Wigan, Saints and cats.