Fri 13 Aug: SL: Leigh Centurions v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/21 at 19:30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Should point out that Leeds' 'min-revival' stalled some time ago. We've only won 2 out of the last 6 games. We could and perhaps should have won a couple of those, but we're a long way from even getting into the playoffs, never mind doing anything if we get there.

Oledski is a big loss, he’s the best prop in Super League, we won’t reach the Grand Final without him. 

5 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I'm not complaining about the result just that mans mind games leading up to that game and he did definitely say " oh we'll beat em now " the game was already lost when he took a dive .its ok him smiling and being hail fellow well met ,but he wont live that down he deliberately got a man sent off 

Glad to see you quickly put that defeat  behind you.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Oh I didnt bring it up someone posted 24 / 7 so I responded .By the way I liked Murphy's Leigh team better than Murphy's Warrington 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Leigh have never put their ill- gotten victory behind them so why would - or should - the losing team easily forget one of Rugby League's most notorious acts?

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

is the co commentator on radio leeds the bloke from the old  hovis adverts?

Maybe if it was a George Formby impersonator you'd think it was normal?

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Leigh should start selling 40-minute tickets. Shame for their fans again that they fell away.

Shame is being complimentary Scubbs, it is far worse than that, I don't  know who the conditioner is but I would say he is stealing a living, but that is what you get when you take a Championship side into the rigours of weekly SL, but for the ego of some in the club requiring stroking the supporters you mention could and should have been enjoying a competitive season in the division below and building towards next season.

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

Sub 3,000 crowd there. Leigh paying the price for being cannon fodder?

Happy with the attendance , less from Leeds than HKR brought for a televised game 

We had to score first after the break , we didn't and Leeds ran away with it , good game , enjoyed it , bring on Salford 

I really don't get the dissing of Leigh jumping at a SL position. I doubt any Championship club coming into SL at such short notice would do any better. Leigh's chairman's 'ego' has nothing to do with joining SL - they got given a chance and took it, and would have been insane not to. Clearly they would like to be doing better, but if there's no relegation and they get the chance to make a few signings and have a whole off-season in readiness for next year they'll be a much better side.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Happy with the attendance , less from Leeds than HKR brought for a televised game 

We had to score first after the break , we didn't and Leeds ran away with it , good game , enjoyed it , bring on Salford 

I doubt you enjoyed the 2nd half.....I  didn't

In my view, his result illustrates that  the gap between the higher reaches of Championship and the lower reaches of SuperLeague is very wide and that promoted clubs need more than one season to acclimatise. Yes, it's fun to have a pop from time to time at the team isolated  from  the railway system but in all seriousness, it's just not right or good for the game.

7 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

I really don't get the dissing of Leigh jumping at a SL position. I doubt any Championship club coming into SL at such short notice would do any better. Leigh's chairman's 'ego' has nothing to do with joining SL - they got given a chance and took it, and would have been insane not to. Clearly they would like to be doing better, but if there's no relegation and they get the chance to make a few signings and have a whole off-season in readiness for next year they'll be a much better side.

There will be relegation this season as there will be a 12 team Super League next season so the winners of the Championship grand final will be promoted, not unless the goal posts are moved again

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

I doubt you enjoyed the 2nd half.....I  didn't

Frustrating at times but enjoyable non the less , glad the fans kept up their vocal support , Robert Lui recognising the fact late on by applauding us 

Archived