Fri 13 Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Farrell and Hardaker ran as hard with the ball as they run towards the ref when a try goes to the screen, Wigan would have won this easy.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Barrie: "I'm sure Lam will be honest."

Not a man that has ever listened to an Adrian Lam interview.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

Well played KR.

Wigan are easy pickings this year, but they still need picking and KR did what was required.

Lam is surely on borrowed time now. I also agree that whoever is deciding on which players to procure need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Lam just doesn't seem a fit long term. 

Amongst all the carp from certain posters I forgot to say, well deserved win for Hull KR, not just a win but a very entertaining win.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

That game has reinforced what has been apparent most of the season - Wigan are not a good side. Only picking up wins against the teams in the bottom half of the table means you're only mid-table at best. That's where this Wigan team is. Whether it's down to poor recruitment, poor coaching, players not performing to their best, that's the reality of it. There's no resurgence on the horizon, no late season rally. This is currently an accurate reflection of where the current team is.

Rovers were the better side and just had a sloppy 20 minutes in a game they were otherwise fairly comfortable in. They've built a good team with a few outstanding players and they play to their strengths. Good to watch too.

Did Lam get interviewed post match? I don't remember seeing it

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Lam just doesn't seem a fit long term. 

He's never fitted in the short, or medium term either.

I've met him on many occasions and he is pretty arrogant with regards to his ability. Wigan need to announce that his time is up, and move on to finding a new coach. He came as a stop gap, and has definitely overstayed his welcome.

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Another great game with a fantastic atmosphere Hull KR look great on TV and are doing so many things right!

A credit to SL

I agree they have turned things around massively this year on & off the pitch and could give a lot of clubs a lesson on how to build a successful product.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

He's never fitted in the short, or medium term either.

I've met him on many occasions and he is pretty arrogant with regards to his ability. Wigan need to announce that his time is up, and move on to finding a new coach. He came as a stop gap, and has definitely overstayed his welcome.

But you forget one thing...

... he's cheap.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived