Fri 13 Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/21 at 19:15

Those of us who watch on sky are used to an interview with both coaches after the match and last night I was surprised the Wigan coach didn't appear? Maybe the sky TV broadcast had to be cut short due to the reshowing of an old film?

Silence of the Lam, maybe.😉

• Haha 3

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Another great win and a great team performance, there could have been several players who could have been MOTM. That’s two games in a row that we have won when last year we would have possibly lost them both so there is more steel about this Rovers team than in the past.

The issue with Rovers the past few years is that while we were always capable of scoring points we were also just as leaky in defence so if the defence can be tightened up we will be fine.

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Problem for KR is if we were having a franchise system large amounts of people would bin you off.

If its a 14 team league there's a space for KR because of the rivalry game but if it were 10 it would be difficult to justify. 

Its why I want to keep p and r and expand the league anyway thats another thread just looking forward to the derby. 

I’m very happy with a 10 team league with one side from Hull in it. I’d feel sorry for those FC fans, don’t get me wrong, but life’s about evolution eh 😂😂😂

In all seriousness, with a number of clubs on very weak, unresilient  platforms, whether Wakefield, Leigh or Salford (who lets be honest all have major structural issues whilst I’ve no personal axe to grind with any), I’d have no fear at all for Hull KR’s future in a licensed model. The organisation has been demonstrably progressive since 2006, to the shame of many other clubs that had a decade’s extra TV funding prior. To look at the Hull market as only supporting one club is far too simplistic - just because the area has a single name doesn’t make it any more contiguous than the Wakefield/Cas/Featherstone or Wigan/Leigh market clusters.

Regardless, I don’t advocate a no-jeopardy future, just that there are better ways of organising the up and down than a single season’s on-pitch performance in a resource-poor, challenger sport like ours (versus a 92 club full-time pro sport like football for example). Bulls would be better able to plan and succeed in such a model, for example - I’d argue they have a market with much more to offer the wider sport than some others currently in Super League 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’m very happy with a 10 team league with one side from Hull in it. I’d feel sorry for those FC fans, don’t get me wrong, but life’s about evolution eh 😂😂😂

In all seriousness, with a number of clubs on very weak, unresilient  platforms, whether Wakefield, Leigh or Salford (who lets be honest all have major structural issues whilst I’ve no personal axe to grind with any), I’d have no fear at all for Hull KR’s future in a licensed model. The organisation has been demonstrably progressive since 2006, to the shame of many other clubs that had a decade’s extra TV funding prior. To look at the Hull market as only supporting one club is far too simplistic - just because the area has a single name doesn’t make it any more contiguous than the Wakefield/Cas/Featherstone or Wigan/Leigh market clusters.

Regardless, I don’t advocate a no-jeopardy future, just that there are better ways of organising the up and down than a single season’s on-pitch performance in a resource-poor, challenger sport like ours (versus a 92 club full-time pro sport like football for example). Bulls would be better able to plan and succeed in such a model, for example - I’d argue they have a market with much more to offer the wider sport than some others currently in Super League 

True but Bulls only have ourselves to blame when We didnt fix the roof when the sun was shining.  

Kr have done nowt wrong for a few years but ofc I want to see another French and big city uk team in there.

28 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

True but Bulls only have ourselves to blame when We didnt fix the roof when the sun was shining.  

Kr have done nowt wrong for a few years but ofc I want to see another French and big city uk team in there.

I’d agree, we’ve currently only got 3 clubs from big cities in the league - us, FC and Leeds. 

We’ll have 2 French sides in 2022 when Toulouse replace Leigh! 

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'd love to see the facts but I rather imagine it was just posted to have yet another dig at Hull FC, the other three teams mentioned were included to disguise it.

The game was great entertainment even watching as a black and white.

Tony Smith is some coach and must be a great sort of bloke as I find it difficult to dislike him even with a Hull KR badge on his shirt.

I think I need to go and have a lie down.

No what I said is 100% true.

Pearson has admitted that Hull are way ahead of the salary cap with various dispensations  and 3rd biggest spenders. Although he admits this is unsustainable.  Lakin has said Rovers are 3 years away from even spending up to cap.

Hull are spending beyond their means, this season is the last throw of the dice.

• Like 1