Fri 13 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Hull FC KO 19:15

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/21 at 19:45

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll batter them as long as the Covid Gestapo allow it to go ahead.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

We'll batter them as long as the Covid Gestapo allow it to go ahead.

Les Dracs' website reporting this morning that Hull FC have been cleared to start training today, so the game will go ahead.

The website also reports that two of their  French players - Da Costa and Romano - have signed one-year contract extensions to the end of the 2022 season.

Les Dracs' squad has some useful returnees in the 21.  They include Bousquet, McIlorum, Drinkwater, Kasiano and Sam Tomkins.  Whether they are all fit enough to make the 17 is, I suppose, another matter.

This will be a tough game for Hull with quite a few players missing but Houghton and Taylor (after a few months out) are back in.  Press reporting that possibly 3 academy in the team.

As Barny has said, forecast is the hottest day on Friday at around 40 degrees.  I am 3 hours north of Perpignan and it was forecast 34 today but it is 39.  Sun starts to die off around 7pm!

Will be a real test for the younger players making their debut - hope Hodgson gives them all game time and doesn't continue with non playing subs.

Not expecting a result by any stretch and can only think the positives are that the game is played and ticked off. Haven't trained properly all week and a visit to the South of France does not bode well!

Nope, really struggling for any FC positives - maybe game time for Taylor!

Predicted Hull FC line-up: Adam Swift; Bureta Faraimo, Marcus Walker, Carlos Tuimavave, Cameron Scott; Josh Reynolds, Ben McNamara; Ligi Sao, Danny Houghton, Josh Bowden; Manu Ma’u, Jordan Lane; Joe Cator

Bench: Scott Taylor, Brad Fash, Jack Brown, Joel Speed

That looks quite a strong line up and even quite a strong bench.

In spite of missing Jake Connor, Josh Griffin, Marc Sneyd, Mahe Fonua, Chris Satae and Jamie Shaul, as well as others, we have quite a strong line up including everyone's fave Hull SL centre Marcus Walker and also a strong bench that features that well known SL star Joel Speed.

As I said earlier, we'll batter them.

On 11/08/2021 at 16:44, Lowdesert said:

As Barny has said, forecast is the hottest day on Friday at around 40 degrees.  I am 3 hours north of Perpignan and it was forecast 34 today but it is 39.  Sun starts to die off around 7pm!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

In spite of missing Jake Connor, Josh Griffin, Marc Sneyd, Mahe Fonua, Chris Satae and Jamie Shaul, as well as others, we have quite a strong line up including everyone's fave Hull SL centre Marcus Walker and also a strong bench that features that well known SL star Joel Speed.

As I said earlier, we'll batter them.

Hopefully Speed will live up to his name, Walker less so.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Cats 4 Hull FC 0 after 5 mins.

Sam Tomkins pass intercepted by Tuimavave who goes 80m to score.

Cats 4 Hull FC 6.

McNamara pen. Cats 4 Hull FC 8.

Great bit of unfortunate commentary...

"Hull put the ball in the air, the referee is going to catch it...sorry, It's Sam Tomkins...I was looking at the referee..."

Cats try, Davies 2nd..

8-8.

Faraimo over.

Cats 10 Hull FC 12.

Archived