Thur 12 Aug: SL: St Helens v Castleford Tigers KO 19:45

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/21 at 19:15

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yes but Thaler was lenient on Saints spoiling tactics in the first half which set the tone.

Yes with hindsight he could have taken more action earlier but it is a difficult balancing act sometimes especially when like tonight neither team was really interested in playing early on 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Brilliant read from Eden. Saints got what they deserved tonight for some awful discipline. Sure they’ll be some delighted delicate flowers from Wigan but fair play to Cas and their fans. 

Whatever 🙄

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that, @Bring back the Biff.

It's games like that which will bring the fans back next season. Real malice from some players. Amor looked possessed at times, his eyes were burning!

1 minute ago, hullste said:

Not saying players are not to blame but Thaler always has to be centre of attention in every game I have watched him ref. 

He's the one ref we have who takes the players on verbally and isn't afraid to tell them some harsh truths.

But it doesn't affect the decisions he makes as far as I can tell, they were all self-inflicted by both teams.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

He's the one ref we have who takes the players on verbally and isn't afraid to tell them some harsh truths.

But it doesn't affect the decisions he makes as far as I can tell, they were all self-inflicted by both teams.

The advantage of having refereed over 400 SL games 

Pretty fractious match, too much spoiling from both sides.

Cas were smart and adopted a Warrington style game plan against us. When we are disrupted and a team holds their own in defence, we do revert to giving it to Walmsley and hope he barges over.

Frustrated with our discipline too, Bentley came up with some foolish plays. Makinson's tackle looked ugly from my seat, looked to get it badly wrong.

Quite an exciting end and thought the scoreline was a fair reflection. Much to work on for us, primarily discipline!

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

You don't see referring like that in the NRL, they stamp their authority without the need to be centre of attention unfortunately Thaler has to make it all about him. 

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It's games like that which will bring the fans back next season. Real malice from some players. Amor looked possessed at times, his eyes were burning!

Off course John, Rugby League was always the modern Gladiator arena, the rule makers have strove to make it like the ball pit kids play in at the happy warehouses, as you say games like that will put bums on seats.

PS, it wouldn't happen with Chris Kendall he would have blown the pea out of the ball.

4 minutes ago, hullste said:

unfortunately Thaler has to make it all about him. 

You keep saying this but have not explained what you mean. It appears you don't like the fact that he talks to the players. The decisions made were all valid.

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

You keep saying this but have not explained what you mean. It appears you don't like the fact that he talks to the players. The decisions made were all valid.

I think the red card was right, not sure about Bentley yellow not a lot in the tackle on McShane he is niggly but not a yellow card offence. Matautia had to go for rushing in as he had already been warned. Just that he gets more airtime in one game than the rest of the refs put together. Imo good refs manage the game effectively without drawing all the attention. 

Must admit I got frustrated watching that game. I don't mind the physical side and like a big hit and a but of aggro is no problem... but both sides spoiling pretty much every single ruck did became tiresome.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

great game always good to see saints get their comeuppance😄most annoying thing about the game was the two buffoons commentating, constantly saying "a game of rugby league might break out" ffs its their job to big up the game not put it down.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Its usually code for he keeps catching my team cheating so I hate him.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

24 minutes ago, hullste said:

You don't see referring like that in the NRL, they stamp their authority without the need to be centre of attention unfortunately Thaler has to make it all about him. 

I wonder what prompts all the complaints about refereeing on social media from NRL fans after every match, then?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, my missus said:

great game always good to see saints get their comeuppance😄moist annoying thing about the game was the two buffoons commentating, constantly saying "a game of rugby league might break out" ffs its their job to big up the game not put it down.

Not to mention the number times they got the players names involved in the play wrong and even called Cas Catalans at one point... Bring back Eddie and Stevo 😂😂😂

Archived