Thur 12 Aug: SL: St Helens v Castleford Tigers KO 19:45

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/21 at 19:15

25 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Its a shame that saints came to slow the game down and rip the ball out at every tackle 

That Batchelor chap came up with a boatload of these. You can only assume he was tipped off beforehand that Thaler wouldn't penalise these, because he kept doing it and it made him look a right Wally (and the Saints fans who kept getting angry about it).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

That Batchelor chap came up with a boatload of these. You can only assume he was tipped off beforehand that Thaler wouldn't penalise these, because he kept doing it and it made him look a right Wally (and the Saints fans who kept getting angry about it).

i couldn't believe the paasi one, that thaler was literally 3 yards away, on the same side, and it was clear as day, that was the third in quick succession, in the old days would have been a team warning.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I made that very same comment last night, but how much of the extended time was given up to the new phenomenon of players requiring urgent medical on field prolonged medical attention especially when needing to 'slow' the game down, them making a full recovery?

After Alex Walmsley's try, the next 2 times Castleford were penalised near the line, the offending player went down injured. After looking serious they miraculously recovered.

It was obviously a reaction to the try. It slowed the attack down and gave the defence time to recover.

As you say, it is a new phenomenon and I have seen other teams do it. I am not sure how to stop this. But anything that slows the game down is very frustrating. 

Some teams have been doing that for years, its not a new thing 

Some teams used to deliberately give an offside penalty away knowing 2 points was better than 4, assuming the ref called the penalty (or it was the perception this happened) 

1 hour ago, Niels said:

After Alex Walmsley's try, the next 2 times Castleford were penalised near the line, the offending player went down injured. After looking serious they miraculously recovered.

It was obviously a reaction to the try. It slowed the attack down and gave the defence time to recover.

As you say, it is a new phenomenon and I have seen other teams do it. I am not sure how to stop this. But anything that slows the game down is very frustrating. 

Its far too prevalent in the game now, though I`m not sure what can be done to stop it. If refs just say play on and it turns out someone is truly injured then how would that look? Literally the only way to stop it is to tell players/coaches to stop  doing it or it will be reviewed afterwards and penalised, but then the opposition team in the game gets nothing from it.

Saints were bloody awful in this game the discipline was shocking, Bentley is a penalty machine i don’t know what he was trying to prove. Of course Woolf’s mind numbingly dull tactics of keeping everything down the middle and try and power their way over the line doesn’t help, he hasn’t got anything else to offer. Full credit to Cas they scored some nice tries and Richardson kicked a couple of cracking goals from the touchline. They scored right in front of were i stand at Saints and the celebrations from the Cas players was great to see and it must’ve been great for DR. 

Archived