Participation in Wales

Eddie

On 12/08/2021 at 10:12, gingerjon said:

What grounds are there in Cardiff itself that would be appropriate for rugby league at the level it's likely to be.

PBC has covered this but another left field option could be Cardiff Met Uni’s ground.

Its basic and around 2,000 or so capacity wise. F1A6B345-F520-40BF-ABD1-A0D7E621C158.jpeg.4b41be41ab0945caf5443408a2129091.jpeg

Just now, welshmagpie said:

PBC has covered this but another left field option could be Cardiff Met Uni’s ground.

Its basic and around 2,000 or so capacity wise. F1A6B345-F520-40BF-ABD1-A0D7E621C158.jpeg.4b41be41ab0945caf5443408a2129091.jpeg

Would be great to have another team in Wales. I reckon a Cardiff based team could be reasonably competitive as well. Changes in league 1 likely to put off potential new teams though 

3 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Would be great to have another team in Wales. I reckon a Cardiff based team could be reasonably competitive as well. Changes in league 1 likely to put off potential new teams though 

Yep, as well as potential new teams everywhere. Probably what the RFL and SL want though. 

Just to add to this thread.....

Wheelchair Rugby League in Wales has come on in leaps and bounds in the 10 years I've been involved.

My first experience on managing Wales was to find 7 players with Welsh heritage. Our last set of trial games for the (now postponed) World Cup saw 40 people applying to come to trials.

We've gone from one Club (North Wales Crusaders) to now having 4 clubs playing or at least training in Wales. Its been amazing to be part of this experience.

5 hours ago, gogledd said:

Just to add to this thread.....

Wheelchair Rugby League in Wales has come on in leaps and bounds in the 10 years I've been involved.

My first experience on managing Wales was to find 7 players with Welsh heritage. Our last set of trial games for the (now postponed) World Cup saw 40 people applying to come to trials.

We've gone from one Club (North Wales Crusaders) to now having 4 clubs playing or at least training in Wales. Its been amazing to be part of this experience.

What a fantastic post ✌️

Archived