RIP Dick Huddart

I never saw him play but the footage of him is incredible. Fast powerful Cumbrian back row forward who could carve up defences. 

Sad loss. RIP Dick you were an amazing player both here and in Australia.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/19505179.former-st-helens-st-george-legend-dick-huddart-died/?fbclid=IwAR2gc6qdME7PNirBE52s6P97dYM4ELiQAWVxw0-gRfIDebUJY6WuY9SIHAY

One of the greatest backrowers this country has produced & like Omega posted,he was ahead of his time with that combination of pace & size.

I can recall watching a documentary of the 62 GB tour and listening to 2 future Aussie immortals Raper & Churchill saying how the kangaroos couldn’t handle Huddart & fellow Cumbrian Edgar.

RIP Dick a true legend 

His playing career was before my time too, but his reputation wasn't. Sad news.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

One of the greatest backrowers this country has produced & like Omega posted,he was ahead of his time with that combination of pace & size.

I can recall watching a documentary of the 62 GB tour and listening to 2 future Aussie immortals Raper & Churchill saying how the kangaroos couldn’t handle Huddart & fellow Cumbrian Edgar.

RIP Dick a true legend 

I watched qoite a few old test matches over the lockdown and was amazed at just how dominant how was, they literally couldnt handle him and he just ran riot. What a player. RIP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 14:44, ATLANTISMAN said:

DH RIP

Would be good if Harry Edgar (Ex Open Rugby editor and owner) wrote an obituary piece in League Express.

Paul

A superb 3 page tribute to the late Dick Huddart in the Autumn issue of the Rugby League Journal .

17 hours ago, soulboy said:

A superb 3 page tribute to the late Dick Huddart in the Autumn issue of the Rugby League Journal .

I haven’t read the tribute but I’m not surprised that it is superb as I’m pretty sure that Huddart was one of Harry Edgar’s favourite players of all time

Archived