Crusaders away

HP Beans

The first of three tough away games as we go to fourth in the table North Wales Crusaders.

I imagine Cresta will have the choice of a few more players going into this one,so team selection will be interesting.

Personally I think we will be too strong and come away with the points,but anything can happen on the day🤞🏻🏉

Yeah North Wales crusaders have hit some sort of form recently and have beat Hunslet and Keighley recently as well as Coventry away. 
We should have some big hitters back again this week with hopefully Dallimore, Bustin, S.Toal, Walne X2, Hulme, Hopkins back. So team line up is going to be very interesting ! 

This is surely a game we have got to come away with the points as well as some good points difference as well. Looking forward to watching the game ! COYR

We're looking forward to seeing you at our new home, to say you'll notice an improvement compared to Queensway would be an understatement. We are seeing a big improvement in attendances and we could be seeing our largest crowd for a number of years.

The stadium is signposted from the A55, just follow the brown signs for "Eirias Park". There is a short video of the stadium on the Crusaders section of this board if you want to see what it's like.

If you are looking for a pub near the ground, look no further than The Park, which is where fans like to gather before and after the game. From the stadium car park, go back to the main road and turn right, The Park is about 10 minutes walk on the other side of the road.

A bit of trivia for those who are interested. Gwrych Castle, the "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" castle, can be seen on the hillside to the left as you pass by the town of Abergele, where the A55 curves left to follow the coast, about 5 miles from Colwyn Bay.

Safe journey, see you Sunday.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

They were just better than us today. We got put on the back foot and our response was to drop the ball and give away penalties. 

This is probably the case from when we were in the championship but still exists, we struggle to grind out results. If we aren't making breaks or good metres our discipline and respect for the ball just disappears and we get beat. I'm unsure why this is, but it needs to change. 

Hopefully they beat Worky next week to do us a favour. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan79 said:

I'd say we can't afford another loss even Workington away as that could decide the fate of the top spot 

Still expect barrow to go up (can’t afford not to with the squad they have assembled) but it does ask questions around how many of the current squad are good enough for the championship if they want to do more than just survive 

23 minutes ago, wiganlad said:

Still expect barrow to go up (can’t afford not to with the squad they have assembled) but it does ask questions around how many of the current squad are good enough for the championship if they want to do more than just survive 

You don't get promoted purely on the squad you have assembled they need to do the  business on the pitch !

Over half the squad probably won't cut it at championship level if they want to do anything more than survive massive step up in quality 

On 15/08/2021 at 08:52, pennington said:

Looking forward to today’s game, they have been playing well but with the squad we have out today I’m going to have to go for a 10–44 win to barrow. COYR

Well I couldn’t be any more wrong 😂 fair play to North Wales they were the better team and that was a very poor performance, but onwards and upwards 

Mick I think the springboard snapped after the Keighley debacle. We are struggling away from home and there are 2/3 very difficult games away at Donny and Hornets + Worky if it goes ahead.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Hope this poor result is the Springboard we need to reset & go again, Got no more slip ups in the bank now & win all remaining games & the prize is ours, Simple really 😜

Don't you mean win all your remaing games and hope Town drop a point???

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived