Pop up video advertisements.

52 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yep, very annoying, seem to come up everytime I click on a new thread. Also noticed the reputation points have disappeared from alongside peoples' names. Must just be a few little tweeks being made. 

What even is a reputation point?

Just now, Eddie said:

Where it used to say how many likes you’d had next to your name. 

these ads are very annoying, I can’t even see what I’m typing right now. 

Yeah same its not great really, I know they aren't very long but they are unweildy

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Same here. They don’t last long and I assume TRL get paid for them, so while they’re annoying they do have to get money from the forum somehow so I can’t complain. 

Thanks. I wish more people understood this.

Folks, we gotta eat, y'know!

This forum gobbles up a lot of expensive bandwidth, and is available to all, free of charge, not just those who support LPL financially by buying League Express.

Without ads, it wouldn't be here at all.

We trial all different kinds of ads at different times. Some work, and generate a decent return, others don't. None of them are around for very long, one way or the other.

It's a minor inconvenience we'd ask you all to live with.

The alternative is............................ <<empty space where TRL forums used to be>>

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Thanks. I wish more people understood this.

Folks, we gotta eat, y'know!

This forum gobbles up a lot of expensive bandwidth, and is available to all, free of charge, not just those who support LPL financially by buying League Express.

Without ads, it wouldn't be here at all.

We trial all different kinds of ads at different times. Some work, and generate a decent return, others don't. None of them are around for very long, one way or the other.

It's a minor inconvenience we'd ask you all to live with.

The alternative is............................ <<empty space where TRL forums used to be>>

I’m sure I remember paying £10 years ago to use the forum? Am I remembering correctly? A few pop up ads are better than that I guess!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

10 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I’m sure I remember paying £10 years ago to use the forum? Am I remembering correctly? A few pop up ads are better than that I guess!

That was that email you got from Nigeria 

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

If you think if that similar to the salary cap situation then its probably equivalent to about £7 now.

why have the reputation ratings gone? same                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          for me                                           

typing round                                                                                                     the ads 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

What even is a reputation point?

Oof, your posts aren't that bad either.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived