Rivals round

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Anyone who saw Dragons vs Wire on Sky a few years ago knows there's definitely a bit there.  Still,  if only there was another French team and someone wanted to put money intoa Manchester rl team to create two more rivalries...

We don’t need make believe rubbish. Rivalries go beyond Geographic locations. For me growing up, Saints v Bradford was a competitive rivalry based upon the success of the two and comfortably our biggest game besides playing Wigan. It was then replaced by Saints v Leeds when Leeds’ successful period took off. 

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Anyone who saw Dragons vs Wire on Sky a few years ago knows there's definitely a bit there.  Still,  if only there was another French team and someone wanted to put money intoa Manchester rl team to create two more rivalries...

There was someone who wanted to put money into a Manchester team (Rangers). 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Who could possibly forget the climbing into exec boxes scrap

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

What's the issue here? Cats v Wire, 1st v 3rd, looks a cracker. 

Quite so.

Meanwhile Saints (give it to Walmsley) v Wigan (consistently 'outstanding', but only according to A Lam) is somewhat less appetising, despite being a 'real Derby'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, lingaro said:

Warrington v Catalan lmao 😂 doesn't get bigger rivalry than that. 

What is the issue with you.

Its the Rival Round with -

Cas v Wakey

Hull v Hull KR

Leeds v Huddersfield

Wigan v Saints 

Leigh v Salford 

All local rivalries so that leaves two other teams I.e Warrington v Catalans to play each other.  Or should the round be titled ‘Rival Round except for one game’.

Or were you winding us up you little tinker 🤔

Archived