Toulouse v Halifax

jamescolin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Read that this match was cancelled. WHY? Did either team get any points?

Because of Covid regs with regards to visiting France. No points to either team, no impact on win percentage either. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

What's the matter Gittsinfan too difficult for you to consider? Tolouse have played 11 we've played 16 so far 5 more games in which to pick up injuries which we have, we now have 4 players are now out for the season all of which are SL standard.  How many injuries have TO picked up this season? 

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

What's the matter Gittsinfan too difficult for you to consider? Tolouse have played 11 we've played 16 so far 5 more games in which to pick up injuries which we have, we now have 4 players are now out for the season all of which are SL standard.  How many injuries have TO picked up this season? 

Lest we forget the 5 additional cup games we've played this season, which Toulouse, with their sizeable full time squad and supposedly 3x our spend, were once again laughably allowed to opt out of playing. Good old RFL.

I can't wait for us to play Toulouse again, hopefully in the playoff final.

6 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Lest we forget the 5 additional cup games we've played this season, which Toulouse, with their sizeable full time squad and supposedly 3x our spend, were once again laughably allowed to opt out of playing. Good old RFL.

WITH a FULL team. I wonder if the RFL have more options if we win.

31 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Have Halfax playerd Toulouse at Home. 

Yes,early in the season. I believe they got closer to Toulouse score wise than anyone else has.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

36 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Yes,early in the season. I believe they got closer to Toulouse score wise than anyone else has.

YES they got within 10  TO won 44- 34  but it was a funny old game TO scored 6 unanswered tries in first 30 mins to go 34 nill up and then according to FAX fans stopped playing  and just went through the motions to  do enough to  win  

1 hour ago, Adam B said:

The situation has been explained on here many times.It's not the fault of the RFL or Toulouse and it's certainly not a conspiracy against Fev.Read back through the threads,some of your own fans have explained the situation admirably.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

WITH a FULL team. I wonder if the RFL have more options if we win.

Amen to that Col. We know who and what we're dealing with so I've no doubt all options will unofficially remain on the table until they know the outcome of the playoff final. If Toulouse and (somehow) Bradford make it to the final, I'd expect the idea of promoting two and increasing SL to 14 to be resurrected.

Working on the basis that they're unlikely to play any more home games, Toulouse have got 3 league games left while we have 5. By my reckoning that will see us end the season with Toulouse having played 14 competitive fixtures and us having played 26 (21 X league and 5 x cup), i.e. just about twice as many, yet they will still finish top of the league with a fresh and rested full time squad, and be in pole position for promotion.

If anybody wants to tell me that's either fair or reasonable, I've got a bridge to sell you.

As stated above, I can't wait to play them again. We owe them a proper hiding, for the good of the game if nothing else.

30 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

The situation has been explained on here many times.It's not the fault of the RFL or Toulouse and it's certainly not a conspiracy against Fev.Read back through the threads,some of your own fans have explained the situation admirably.

Have I stated either! 

2 hours ago, Adam B said:

Yes we have played  cup games whist TO haven't but nowt to do with RFL  AB 

all cup competitions are open to full time members of the RFL all others TO Catalan and the world famous TWP are invited to join and are entitled to say NO so that's what TO have done for the last three years 

On 15/08/2021 at 14:33, POR said:

Yes we have played  cup games whist TO haven't but nowt to do with RFL  AB 

all cup competitions are open to full time members of the RFL all others TO Catalan and the world famous TWP are invited to join and are entitled to say NO so that's what TO have done for the last three years 

And not forgetting that the RFL wanted Cats to pay a bond to enter it not so long ago.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 15/08/2021 at 14:15, Adam B said:

Amen to that Col. We know who and what we're dealing with so I've no doubt all options will unofficially remain on the table until they know the outcome of the playoff final. If Toulouse and (somehow) Bradford make it to the final, I'd expect the idea of promoting two and increasing SL to 14 to be resurrected.

Working on the basis that they're unlikely to play any more home games, Toulouse have got 3 league games left while we have 5. By my reckoning that will see us end the season with Toulouse having played 14 competitive fixtures and us having played 26 (21 X league and 5 x cup), i.e. just about twice as many, yet they will still finish top of the league with a fresh and rested full time squad, and be in pole position for promotion.

If anybody wants to tell me that's either fair or reasonable, I've got a bridge to sell you.

As stated above, I can't wait to play them again. We owe them a proper hiding, for the good of the game if nothing else.

😭  😭  😭

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

😭  😭  😭

An embarrassing response like this only serves to emphasise that you don't have anything worthwhile to add to a particular discussion, which, in view of my experience of your posts, will likely come as no surprise to most.

On 15/08/2021 at 14:15, Adam B said:

Before I buy your bridge,bearing in mind the situation,what in your opinion is the fair and reasonable way to go.

I really am interested to hear your insightful opinion.

On 15/08/2021 at 13:56, gittinsfan said:

Doesn't make it right and it certainly isn't fair.  They should of been excluded from the league while this is  going off and played in their own domestic league.  

2 hours ago, lingaro said:

Doesn't make it right and it certainly isn't fair.  They should of been excluded from the league while this is  going off and played in their own domestic league.  

But you don't think it would'nt be right and fair to do that to Toulouse?

18 hours ago, Adam B said:

An embarrassing response like this only serves to emphasise that you don't have anything worthwhile to add to a particular discussion, which, in view of my experience of your posts, will likely come as no surprise to most.

If you care to explain how giving Toulouse, an innocent party, a "proper hiding" is somehow for the good of the game then I may become more enlightened. Otherwise it simply comes across as bitter.

You might also point me to your previous posts on this forum so that I can educate myself in the correct way of adding to meaningful discussions in the future.

Archived