They think it’s all over…

shrewsbury roughyed

And that, with Toulouse and Featherstone up next, is very probably that. Didn’t see Dewsbury beating Widnes. Sounds like we had a great go in the last few matches, competitive even, but too much to do and too little to do it with. Are we mathematically down? Someone better at maths than me might be able to answer that. Feels like today was last chance saloon. 

10 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

And that, with Toulouse and Featherstone up next, is very probably that. Didn’t see Dewsbury beating Widnes. Sounds like we had a great go in the last few matches, competitive even, but too much to do and too little to do it with. Are we mathematically down? Someone better at maths than me might be able to answer that. Feels like today was last chance saloon. 

dewsbury 34.38 win%

oldham 15.63 win% oldham WILL be relegated you can be sure of that.average points conceded in 16 games 34 a match. a complete disaster from the word go.

no money no ground no club worth watching 2922 rip. 

2 hours ago, tandle said:

dewsbury 34.38 win%

oldham 15.63 win% oldham WILL be relegated you can be sure of that.average points conceded in 16 games 34 a match. a complete disaster from the word go.

no money no ground no club worth watching 2922 rip. 

Cheer up, my old mucker 🙂

We now need to win four games out of five for a chance of survival (or a minimum of seven points from ten if you want to be pedantic).   Not happening, even with the rosiest of rose tinted glasses.

League 1 here we come.   

Hornets, Swinton and us.  At least it's something to shout about.

league 1 is stronger now than it as ever been.barrow who are a good side fielded a strong side at north wales and got well beaten. rochdale battered doncaster.

play a bunch of kids in champ.1 and you will get slaughtered.

i forecast oldham rlfc in its present state will not see championship rugby again.

Stats-

D Abram-0 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=78m

Brierley-0 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. 10 carries=100m

Roberts-18 tackles. 3 misses. 4 tackle busts. 16 carries=94m

Roby-14 tackles. one tackle bust. 13 carries=85m

Ince-0 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 13 carries=138m

Charnock-25 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle busts. 6 carries=49m

Barran-18 tackles. 6 misses. one tackle bust. 2 try assists. 4 carries=22m

Joy-22 tackles. one tackle bust. 12 carries=112m

Owen-33 tackles. 6 misses. one try assist. 2 carries=12m

Dupree-42 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=176m

Langtree-30 tackles. 7 misses. 3 offloads. one tackle bust. one clean break. 9 carries=53m

Pick-25 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 7 carries=66m

Nelmes-30 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=91m

subs

Bent-7 tackles. one miss. 3 carries=21m

Reilly-33 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 14 carries=110m

Jinks-9 tackles. one miss. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 2 carries=50m

Rogers-17 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 10 carries=73m

Reilly and especially Dupree were outstanding. Been our best two all year.

As has been said already on this thread at least we (Swinton) get to play you Oldham again next season - which having working in Oldham for almost 30 years was and is my favourite local derby.........:)

I do wish you every chance to stay up but I think as with Swinton both our fates are sealed.

3 hours ago, tandle said:

league 1 is stronger now than it as ever been.barrow who are a good side fielded a strong side at north wales and got well beaten. rochdale battered doncaster.

play a bunch of kids in champ.1 and you will get slaughtered.

i forecast oldham rlfc in its present state will not see championship rugby again.

I'm struggling to remember one vaguely positive post from you..

right failsworth you contradict your self i quote.hands up who as enjoyed seeing us get beat every weak.

go to squad for 2021 page 4 and scroll down to what i said on the 13th sept.2020 because it as happened.

this season as been a disaster, fact we have no ground to play at the end of this season yet. we have no money all the best players will go and some of you are already signing players.

so tell me failswoth come on explain to me what there is anything to be positive about please tell me i await your reply.

What an absolute tragedy the state of professional sport in the town.

The football club is in ruins, and the Rugby club is on life support.

In 1990 both clubs were in the semi finals of their showpiece competitions.

The last hope was the lottery winner who wanted to invest into the club, why didn't he ?

1 hour ago, tandle said:

right failsworth you contradict your self i quote.hands up who as enjoyed seeing us get beat every weak.

go to squad for 2021 page 4 and scroll down to what i said on the 13th sept.2020 because it as happened.

this season as been a disaster, fact we have no ground to play at the end of this season yet. we have no money all the best players will go and some of you are already signing players.

so tell me failswoth come on explain to me what there is anything to be positive about please tell me i await your reply.

Important to keep that comment in context, we have been playing well I'm that last few games. Though you wouldn't know as you don't bother going. 

Yes,its been disappointing but they are our team and we need to get behind them. The fifties have long gone!

26 minutes ago, tandle said:

old yed i dont know how old you are but i have supported oldham since 1949.

but i raise my glass of whiskey to you at last a true realist. 

It's actually very sad .

I'm not finger pointing,at anybody .

I do miss Sheddings on a cold November or December Sunday afternoon, 3 pairs of socks and my grandads long John's were strictly enforced by my granny!

I think on reflection the club died when sheddings went.

how many have they won read the paper in the morning. 

kevin ashcroft once said to me  winners can laugh 

1 minute ago, OLD YED said:

It's actually very sad .

I'm not finger pointing,at anybody .

I do miss Sheddings on a cold November or December Sunday afternoon, 3 pairs of socks and my grandads long John's were strictly enforced by my granny!

I think on reflection the club died when sheddings went.

the hole town as died old yed its a cesspit

13 hours ago, tandle said:

how many have they won read the paper in the morning. 

kevin ashcroft once said to me  winners can laugh 

the hole town as died old yed its a cesspit

OMG Tandle, what a little ray of sunshine you are! Now that you've shared every possible negative thought you can come up with about ORLFC, you've moved on to slagging off the town 🙄. Granted the season hasn't worked out well for the Club and while still not inevitable, relegation is the likely outcome. But while the future is uncertain, your keenness to organise the wake is somewhat premature.

As Pigeon Lofter pointed out, it's surely better watching a winning team in League 1 than a struggling one in the Championship so whilst relegation is disappointing, it's not the end of the world (even though you have already seemingly predicted that by this time next year the club will either be dead or will have dropped out through the bottom of League 1). And as Wayne_r said, they'll be in good company with old friends Swinton and (dare I say it 😄) Hairnets. As for where they'll be playing, that's anyone's guess but let's assume they will still be playing somewhere. No-one knows what tomorrow will bring so think positively for once instead of the constant stream of doom and gloom.

Archived