They think it’s all over…

shrewsbury roughyed

18 hours ago, OLD YED said:

It's actually very sad .

I'm not finger pointing,at anybody .

I do miss Sheddings on a cold November or December Sunday afternoon, 3 pairs of socks and my grandads long John's were strictly enforced by my granny!

I think on reflection the club died when sheddings went.

Your right mate. When sheddings went so did the club. Watersheddings was something else. I've lived within a stones throw of Watersheddings all my life. It still looks wierd without the ground being there. And yes it was freezing. I used to to go to Counthill school so I know what cold is. 

1 hour ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Jim Quinn? Watersheddings? No comment - on legal advice!!! 

and the number of 'four letter' words that I could use on that particular subject, would be immediately banned by the moderators !

I am sure I have probably said this before - but as a Swinton supporter I have many memories of Watersheddings - and most of them bad I think I only saw Swinton win there once in so many years. My first memory is going to see Swinton play there at the start of the season ( beginning of September I think), left our house in Manchester wearing a short sleeved shirt - got to Watersheddings and it started to snow at half time...........I was ten at the time and 54 years later the memory is still stuck in my mind as it was so cold 🙂

As they say "the good old days"

3 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

I am sure I have probably said this before - but as a Swinton supporter I have many memories of Watersheddings - and most of them bad I think I only saw Swinton win there once in so many years.

I remember us playing Swinton at 'Sheddings and Paul Lord flew down the wing for what looked like a certain try only to be caught by Scott Ranson.  Scott had a big smile on his face and I hated Scott Ranson.

Then he came to play for us and he became a hero.

7 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

I am sure I have probably said this before - but as a Swinton supporter I have many memories of Watersheddings - and most of them bad I think I only saw Swinton win there once in so many years. My first memory is going to see Swinton play there at the start of the season ( beginning of September I think), left our house in Manchester wearing a short sleeved shirt - got to Watersheddings and it started to snow at half time...........I was ten at the time and 54 years later the memory is still stuck in my mind as it was so cold 🙂

As they say "the good old days"

A famous quote is "Oldham!? An overcoat colder than Manchester". 😆 Or is it, "Manchester!? An overcoat warmer than Oldham"?

1 hour ago, Dave Naylor said:

I remember us playing Swinton at 'Sheddings and Paul Lord flew down the wing for what looked like a certain try only to be caught by Scott Ranson.  Scott had a big smile on his face and I hated Scott Ranson.

Then he came to play for us and he became a hero.

I think I recall us playing Swinton at Watersheddings in our centenary game. We won I think. Swinton had a half back or loose forward with the temerity to wear red boots (on a rugby league field!!!). “I hope he’s a good fighter, wearing them boots,” muttered an old bloke beside me. I often think fondly of Scott Ransom somehow inadvertently elbowing Dean Sampson in the mouth at Castleford. Blood and possibly teeth everywhere. I remember thinking that I hope Scott’s life assurance is up to date next time we met. 

Archived