Hudgell’s change of heart

Fair play to Hudgell for continuing to stand by Hull KR. I don't always agree with his views on what is best for the wider game but there is no denying that he has done an awful lot for the club and developed it both on and off the field in his time there.

Yes it seems likely that nobody wants to buy Hull KR but actually nobody wants to buy any club other than wealthy fans like at Huddersfield & Warrington.

What I can assure you is that Neil Hudgell has regained his enthusiasm and is about to finance the purchase of the freehold of Craven Park and surrounding land. This is very significant and improves the value of his asset.

The club will continue to be run by CEO Paul Lakin and what a brilliant job he is doing.

6 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Yes it seems likely that nobody wants to buy Hull KR but actually nobody wants to buy any club other than wealthy fans like at Huddersfield & Warrington.

What I can assure you is that Neil Hudgell has regained his enthusiasm and is about to finance the purchase of the freehold of Craven Park and surrounding land. This is very significant and improves the value of his asset.

The club will continue to be run by CEO Paul Lakin and what a brilliant job he is doing.

And has Tony Smith

6 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

If HKR can buy Craven Park and finance a redevelopment of the site, while still holding their SL place, then I reckon that gives them a chance of jumping the gap and joining the top 6 as a "big club". 

15 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

If HKR can buy Craven Park and finance a redevelopment of the site, while still holding their SL place, then I reckon that gives them a chance of jumping the gap and joining the top 6 as a "big club". 

Indeed, could average five figures if doing well I reckon, and we need another SL club or two who do that. 

14 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

That is what we are hoping and don't forget Rovers already own the leasehold so get every penny generated from the stadium. If you were watching the Wigan game you will have noticed the innovative Craven Streat idea which was a tremendous success and income generator.

Hull are in deep financial trouble and can't sustain their current spend and have no assets. There is a very good chance that Rovers will return to the dominant position in the city which they had in the 1960's.

Watch this space.

11 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

That is what we are hoping and don't forget Rovers already own the leasehold so get every penny generated from the stadium. If you were watching the Wigan game you will have noticed the innovative Craven Streat idea which was a tremendous success and income generator.

Hull are in deep financial trouble and can't sustain their current spend and have no assets. There is a very good chance that Rovers will return to the dominant position in the city which they had in the 1960's.

Watch this space.

Hope not as a good rivalry would help both clubs aka saints wigan, cas wakey etc..

I bet Leeds wish Bradford were still in SL, 

Of course HKR being on top would be good for KR

As a Fev supporter i like Hull K.R they have been relegated but come back to establish themselves as a worthy S.L.team.Improved their ground and with Tony Smith as coach look to have a secure future.Talking to KR supporters when They came to Fev in numbers.They didn't complain about being in the Championship and said they enjoyed their day out at proper rugby grounds at least they knew most games were on a Sunday.My daughter adopted Hull FC as her second team in the 1980s and if Fev  didn't have a game or were playing in Cumbria we would watch Hull F.C my old mate Terry Clawson played for both as well as a dozen other teams so i look forward to the forthcoming Derby.

Wasn't Mr Hudgell involved with the postmaster court case , must have helped the company coffers 

Although he is generally considered an ' ambulance chaser ' type of solicitor , I won't criticise anybody who's put their hard earned into supporting a RL club 

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Watch this space.

It's a great idea but I imagine it derived from watching Toronto Wolfpack home games (as did Barrow's).

6 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Watch this space.

Once again, your bitterness shines through, you just can't help yourself can you?

Hull KR are having a good time at the moment, why not simply enjoy it and let your team's results do the talking?

Personally speaking, although I obviously have the dislike for Rovers that Hull RL rivalry breeds, nevertheless I find it strangely amusing and almost (but not quite!) enjoyable watching them compete with the likes of Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Wire, etc.

Having two successful teams from Hull would go a long way to stem the dominance that the Lancashire (old county boundaries) teams have had over the last three decades or so and I think most Yorkshire folk would love to see that lot take a bit of a back seat in terms of trophy success. And yes, I know Leeds have put up a good fight for the White Rose over that period but I begrudge giving them too much credit 🤔

As for Neil Hudgell, well I do wonder about him sometimes. You talk about wealthy owners at other clubs yet don't seem to include your current owner who has put millions into Hull KR since the 1990's. People like him are great for RL because they bring much needed revenue into the sport, however he makes no secret of his hatred for all things black and white and I wonder if, had he tempered that a bit, whether Rovers might have been able to compete with the so called bigger clubs sooner.

You will no doubt know better than me how much involved with the club he's been recently. It looked to me that when Rovers gained promotion and were able to avoid the drop for a while, that Hudgell was exasperated that the Hull KR home crowds didn't seem to ever be able to top 5 figures, always seeming to be around the 8K mark, while across the river, the team he hates always seem to be able to pull in around 11K even when they were playing garbage.

And a year or two after he announced that he was putting the club up for sale having said that he had taken it as far as he could, he then does an about turn at the very time they start having some success as far as results this season go. Of course, that is his right and it would be difficult to blame him considering how much the club has cost him, but has he still been involved as much with the running of the club during the time it's been up for sale? If so then fair enough but if he's taken a bit of a back seat and allowed Lakin to run the club without much input from him then maybe it should stay that way.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Once again, your bitterness shines through, you just can't help yourself can you?

Hull KR are having a good time at the moment, why not simply enjoy it and let your team's results do the talking?

Personally speaking, although I obviously have the dislike for Rovers that Hull RL rivalry breeds, nevertheless I find it strangely amusing and almost (but not quite!) enjoyable watching them compete with the likes of Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Wire, etc.

Having two successful teams from Hull would go a long way to stem the dominance that the Lancashire (old county boundaries) teams have had over the last three decades or so and I think most Yorkshire folk would love to see that lot take a bit of a back seat in terms of trophy success. And yes, I know Leeds have put up a good fight for the White Rose over that period but I begrudge giving them too much credit 🤔

As for Neil Hudgell, well I do wonder about him sometimes. You talk about wealthy owners at other clubs yet don't seem to include your current owner who has put millions into Hull KR since the 1990's. People like him are great for RL because they bring much needed revenue into the sport, however he makes no secret of his hatred for all things black and white and I wonder if, had he tempered that a bit, whether Rovers might have been able to compete with the so called bigger clubs sooner.

You will no doubt know better than me how much involved with the club he's been recently. It looked to me that when Rovers gained promotion and were able to avoid the drop for a while, that Hudgell was exasperated that the Hull KR home crowds didn't seem to ever be able to top 5 figures, always seeming to be around the 8K mark, while across the river, the team he hates always seem to be able to pull in around 11K even when they were playing garbage.

And a year or two after he announced that he was putting the club up for sale having said that he had taken it as far as he could, he then does an about turn at the very time they start having some success as far as results this season go. Of course, that is his right and it would be difficult to blame him considering how much the club has cost him, but has he still been involved as much with the running of the club during the time it's been up for sale? If so then fair enough but if he's taken a bit of a back seat and allowed Lakin to run the club without much input from him then maybe it should stay that way.

The only bitterness seems to be coming from you,pretty sure the posters comments on FC merely echo statements issued earlier in the season by Pearson himself.

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Wasn't Mr Hudgell involved with the postmaster court case , must have helped the company coffers 

Was he?

On the right side, I hope?

If so, not going to begrudge anyone earning money on the back of that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Was he?

On the right side, I hope?

If so, not going to begrudge anyone earning money on the back of that.

Yes him and his firm have been the driving force behind the Postmasters for almost two decades. I’m sure they’ll be well-rewarded for it, but to be honest it’s always seemed more like a moral mission for them - it’s a disgrace what was done to those poor people. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

The only bitterness seems to be coming from you,pretty sure the posters comments on FC merely echo statements issued earlier in the season by Pearson himself.

Okay, I'll reply to you, even though you seem insistent in trolling me all the time.

Why did Dimmest Star even feel te need to bring Hull FC into the thread?

The thread is about Neil Hudgell but this poster can't resist having a pop at Hull FC, no matter how it's not related to the subject matter.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Okay, I'll reply to you, even though you seem insistent in trolling me all the time.

Why did Dimmest Star even feel te need to bring Hull FC into the thread?

The thread is about Neil Hudgell but this poster can't resist having a pop at Hull FC, no matter how it's not related to the subject matter.

I know what you mean, it was a bit bitchy, but that said some sort of comparison is instructive - Hudgell has demonstrably prioritised clever, sustainable investment in his time in charge (with the occasional burst of champagne team spending he’s later regretted) often at the expense of team budgets.

From paying for the new pitch in 2005 that was vital to get promoted with a decent-style side under Morgan so we could then stay up and not yo-yo, to the temporary stand in year 1, the long push for government/EU funding for the new North Stand by making it an enterprise hub for a deprived part of the country, and the recent major investment in John Bastion’s youth and community push, etc. etc. etc.  This is good, strategic thinking by a measured owner. 

For me I wouldn’t reference Hull, the comparisons are Salford, Wakefield and Cas. and what they have (or haven’t) done with a 12 year TV-money head start.

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Archived