Match thread: Championship Round 18. Featherstone v Dewsbury Sunday 22nd August

marklaspalmas

16 down, five to go.

I think we can allow ourselves to cast an quick eye towards the end of the season now. After Dewsbury on Sunday, just four more league fixtures left before the playoffs. Second place looks likely, and therefore a home playoff semifinal against maybe Halifax. But you never know, and I'm sure all the players will be focussed on Dewsbury and the vital win necessary.

The squad is being stretched again.

With the likes of Ferguson, Beckett, Summers and Sweeting all out on loan, fingers are crossed that Harrison doesn't join Day, Bussey and Minns on the mid-long term injury list.

Also missing from last week were Gale, Kopczak, Moors and Holmes.

Perhaps this week will get updates about if any of those four will play a part v Dewsbury.

Otherwise, perhaps McConnell for Harrison may be the only change?

On the plus side, loanee Walker is fitting in well, and Springer is getting more minutes. Chizz looks ok if not 100%, and Blackmore has come back ok and will improve with more matches.

Roll on Sunday..... 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the rules on loan players , as both Ferguson & Beckett are at Dewsbury and surely they cannot play against their parent club??

8 minutes ago, haskey said:

What are the rules on loan players , as both Ferguson & Beckett are at Dewsbury and surely they cannot play against their parent club??

They won't  play but we could recall them both and play them  against the rams  

47 minutes ago, POR said:

They won't  play but we could recall them both and play them  against the rams  

Won't happen both playing against us🤔

We're praying for covid

So this week we're hanging out with the Sheffield Eagles squad🤔

As they seem to magic the disease from nowhere and cancel games

🤔🤔😉😉😉😉😉😉

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Depends on the terms of the loan. They usually include a clause to prevent playing against parent club but nothing to prevent if not. 

Jimmy didn't play against us at their place so would assume we'ave included said clause 

27 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You might want Ferguson to play to get some match fitness. He looked 3-4 weeks away from match fitness on Sunday. Did well for us against a poor Widnes team, but didn't play a lot of minutes.

That's the problem the more minutes he plays he will be likely to pick up an injury.he did OK for us in a couple of pre -season games.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You might want Ferguson to play to get some match fitness. He looked 3-4 weeks away from match fitness on Sunday. Did well for us against a poor Widnes team, but didn't play a lot of minutes.

Bottom line is you can't take the risk of him playing and injuring a FEV player 

33 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

But Rovers must have been happy with loaning him to the Rams.

Don't understand what you are saying what has  LOANING players got to do with them playing against FEV

38 minutes ago, POR said:

Don't understand what you are saying what has  LOANING players got to do with them playing against FEV

I didn't realise you meant playing for the Rams against Rovers , i just thought he couldn't play for Dewsbury against Rovers anyway.

Regarding Tom Holmes it seems that the silence is defining . He has not been picked since his poor performance against TO, but he walked across the field to the dugouts with Gale when we played Batley. It seems that the halves are cast in stone ie Brown & Chizzy and I just wonder if his nose has been pushed out of joint.

If must be difficult for Webster to put 3 into 2 on a regular basis, and with Walker playing well and no chance of moving Chizzy to full back where does that leave Holmes ?????

We were saying the same about Chissy as we were about Holmes earlier this season when he couldn't get in the team. We are blessed to have 3 quality half backs - so many other Championship clubs have struggled because they have no depth at half back - and hopefully Holmes is raring to go if/when an opportunity arises. Worth noting he was co commentator on RoversTV this weekend.

I think Holmes has been great for us this season. I believe 3 quality half backs is a prime reason we are where we are. Generally we've been lucky with injuries in that position but the security of 3 is a great plan. There's also the bonus of rotation which might be happening now. I'm sure its good for Chizzy to rest up any niggles now and again.

54 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I think Holmes has been great for us this season. I believe 3 quality half backs is a prime reason we are where we are. Generally we've been lucky with injuries in that position but the security of 3 is a great plan. There's also the bonus of rotation which might be happening now. I'm sure its good for Chizzy to rest up any niggles now and again.

I don't think Holmes has been great he has been OK when playing.He did look great playing outside Ridyard when Briscoe broke the tries in succesive matches record.But Chizzy is my favourite Fev player because he gives something different.

15 hours ago, POR said:

Or Alex S

Since club said he was “weeks away” from getting over injury & gaining fitness & its only been a week or so since his signing was announced im guessing there is no change to his situation so no reason for an update

35 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Since club said he was “weeks away” from getting over injury & gaining fitness & its only been a week or so since his signing was announced im guessing there is no change to his situation so no reason for an update

They actually sad  Whilst it may be a couple of weeks and he's been here a  couple of weeks so would have thought an update would be appropriate 

Archived