Match thread: Championship Round 18. Featherstone v Dewsbury Sunday 22nd August

marklaspalmas

If we are going to be pedantic - he hasnt been at the club a couple of weeks his signing was announced 9/8 which was 9 days ago

As nothing said I would therefore say then that there is no change to his situation / injury so that will do as an update in my eyes 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Harvey Spence on loan to Oldham has already been announced by the Roughyeds.

All eyes presumably on whether Fergie ( and Beckett) might be the incoming (or returning) part of the transactions. 

Confirmed re the 3 above, plus McConnell on loan to Doncaster.

Sounds like Koppy, Moors and Harrison all out.

54 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Confirmed re the 3 above, plus McConnell on loan to Doncaster.

Sounds like Koppy, Moors and Harrison all out.

you would have thought that especially as it said in the preview 

missing a considerable number of forwards through injury, including Craig Kopczak, 

BUT it appears koppy   has made a remarkable recovery named in squad 

So we had a 31 man squad at the start of the year. 2 left early (Sheriff, Whitton) which makes 29.

Four are now out on loan, with two loanees in (not counting Sutcliffe yet). That makes 27.

Five are on the injured list, Day, Minns, Bussey, Moors and Harrison. That's 22 available. 

So, that gives us this week's 21 man squad plus Jake Doyle.

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Tough decisions for Webbo tomorrow. 

Nine backs named, and only space for seven. Gale and Holmes back??

And ten forwards from 12 named. Perhaps one or two carrying knocks can be rested.

How do you see the team line up for the match Mark?

Rest Hardcastle and have Chizzy on the bench to rest his knee bring him on if needed.Fergy in the 17 as he needs match fitness.play Gale as he does too.Blackmore and Welham need to continue their partnership as they have not had much time together.So i would go   Walker  Blackmore Welham Hall Gale Brown Holmes Kopczak Jones Ferres  Halton Davies and Lockwood.Subs Chizzy Parata Ferguson Springer.

I'm a big Holmes fan, but if he rests Nu/ Chissy to play him, what happens if Holmes produces a man of the match performance?

Webbo dropped Chissy after a poor performance against Hull and he had to wait for his chance.

Same with Holmes after the Toulouse game, so the coach has been consistent.

Not sure what the answer is but am glad I am not the one who has to pick the team!

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm a big Holmes fan, but if he rests Nu/ Chissy to play him, what happens if Holmes produces a man of the match performance?

Webbo dropped Chissy after a poor performance against Hull and he had to wait for his chance.

Same with Holmes after the Toulouse game, so the coach has been consistent.

Not sure what the answer is but am glad I am not the one who has to pick the team!

Then you  you keep him in drop walker and play chizzy at fullback

5 minutes ago, POR said:

Then you  you keep him in drop walker and play chizzy at fullback

Holmes needs match sharpness so i would play him.No problem with Chizzy at full back but with Dewsbury and then Oldham away he could rest up his knee for the Fax game at home.We have some adaptable forwards and at a pinch if the backs are overloaded Wejham or Hardcastle could slot into the back row.When most are fit Cooper (who always tries) and Field may not get into the 17.

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Think in a recent interview Webster stated that he wanted to play a recognised full back, presumably that's why we signed Walker, who is our player until the end of the season.

That may be true  but chizzy has always been recognised as  a full back remember in 2011 he played for France in 2011 Autumn International Series  and  played fullback 

10 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I would be wrapping Chizzy up in the proverbial as much as possible.

He's the one player above everyone else that is capable of winning a match almost single handedly especially in a big game situation.

X factor.

Rest him

He's not needed this week

Might as well give the lad a weekend off🤔🤔

As frustrating as it is watching every week with so many good players missing I can see the logic. We need to finish second and then field the strongest side possible in the play offs. Hopefully, other than Day and Minns,  everyone else will be fit which will mean we will have a very strong side. If we secure second with a few matches to spare it will give us another chance to rest players, get some players game time and have a look at a few different combinations.

17 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Can l pay on the gate for tomorrows game?

Pretty sure you can - need to go to the ticket hut and buy a ticket there first. You should see it in front of you across the car park at the Post Office Rd end as you walk in (ask the car park attendant if unsure but there's likely to be a queue just to the right of it where you get your ticket scanned to gain entry)

11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Pretty sure you can - need to go to the ticket hut and buy a ticket there first. You should see it in front of you across the car park at the Post Office Rd end as you walk in (ask the car park attendant if unsure but there's likely to be a queue just to the right of it where you get your ticket scanned to gain entry)

My daughter bought tickets at the ground for the Toulouse game.For her sins she and her family are Giants supporters.

Archived