Match thread: Championship Round 18. Featherstone v Dewsbury Sunday 22nd August

marklaspalmas

11 hours ago, lingaro said:

Giants fans... Protected species I believe.  Are they 1/2 Sheffield by any chance? 

No my grandson is getting a FEV Heritage shirt for his birthday.He and my daughter went to Wembley with me and my son.They live near Holmfirth  that's why they support Giants (and cheap membership tickets).Until she married she went with me to most Rovers games home and away.We used to go in the Bullock Stand and we even braved The Threepenny Stand at the Boulevard.Home supporters made it clear we were not wanted by their abusive language and as my daughter was only 13 we moved at half time.I would have stuck it out but my good parenting gene kicked in.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, lingaro said:

Giants fans... Protected species I believe.  Are they 1/2 Sheffield by any chance? 

I must be a bit slow this morning i didn't get that you meant Huddersfield/Sheffield merger Good observation that.Her husband is from Huddersfield and she was working as a nanny near Holmfirth when they met.

3 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

No my grandson is getting a FEV Heritage shirt for his birthday.He and my daughter went to Wembley with me and my son.They live near Holmfirth  that's why they support Giants (and cheap membership tickets).Until she married she went with me to most Rovers games home and away.We used to go in the Bullock Stand and we even braved The Threepenny Stand at the Boulevard.Home supporters made it clear we were not wanted by their abusive language and as my daughter was only 13 we moved at half time.I would have stuck it out but my good parenting gene kicked in.

Cant believe you went in in the first place lol. Although them and HKR used to take over the Bullock Shed.

An easy win against a Dewsbury side who never looked like scoring apart from the interception.Halton was outstanding especially in the first half,Hall played well and his kicking spot on,John Davies had a good last half hour.Ferguson is a real crowd pleaser with his strength and dogged determination and although not on for many minutes was useful in Koppy's absence.Couldn't see why Welham was switched to the right unless Hall is better in the left centre position.Homes worked hard in the second half and Brown just played without being better than OK.Springer tried hard and has put himself above Cooper in the pecking order.Webster was sound at full back and Chizzy got a well deserved rest .So no complaints and on to Oldham next week.

Felt a bit like a training run out.

Difficult to make any great analysis based on this afternoon.

I disagree on Brown. I thought he was the hub of everything. Jonesy made his presence felt and the depleted dews pack couldn't handle fergy.

Not a game to raise the heartbeat given the massive gulf between the two teams today

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

An easy win against a Dewsbury side who never looked like scoring apart from the interception.Halton was outstanding especially in the first half,Hall played well and his kicking spot on,John Davies had a good last half hour.Ferguson is a real crowd pleaser with his strength and dogged determination and although not on for many minutes was useful in Koppy's absence.Couldn't see why Welham was switched to the right unless Hall is better in the left centre position.Homes worked hard in the second half and Brown just played without being better than OK.Springer tried hard and has put himself above Cooper in the pecking order.Webster was sound at full back and Chizzy got a well deserved rest .So no complaints and on to Oldham next week.

Love to see Webster come on at fullback😂😂😂

Superb first half, job done. Went to sl;eep for the first 20 mins of the second half, but as Robin says it felt like a training run.

Onwards to Oldham

A comfortable win against a poor team. A couple of observations. If Featherstone are to go the whole way this year they will only do it against the more difficult teams in the league with an 'organiser'. 

The first 20 minutes of the 2nd half were bizarre, after the first half blitz the disorganisation was plain to see. 

We need to cut out the sloppy mistakes, the first kick back to us at 6-0 we let out for a drop out. We forced the play on several occasions resulting in 2 bombed tries and their interception try on their own line. 

Our defence was good today and Connor Jones, Dale Ferguson, Locky and Frankie Halton made great ground. 

Kris Welham still looks a little off 100% for me, and though Blackmore is running strongly he appears to have a niggly groin. 

Hall magnificent, but I hope Junior Moores' neck is okay after 80 mins looking at his phone. 

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Seems Dewsbury didn't have enough players for a team 2 hours before kick off, due to Covid. Did well to put a team out.

Credit for not pulling out,it's been a strange season beat the teams around you and that is a true reflection on your ability.Thought Dewsbury played the game in the right spirit with little slowing down play and no  deliberate niggle.

Archived