Jake Connor signs new two year deal at Hull FC.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

43 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Why do Sky refer to him as “The Snake”? It’s weird. 

Because it rhymes with "Connor" maybe...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Great news for Hull and well done breaking the news on Sky Sports News, giving the game some positive publicity.

Disappointed and maybe over protective but some of the RL media have really given this signing a negative angle!

Who else wanted him is one example. World class at putting ourselves down as a sport.

Rant over.

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Carmine ‘ the snake ‘ Persico was boss of the Colombo mafia family before being sentenced to 139 years in jail . 
I doubt this has any connection to Jake Connor though 

I'd say it was more to do with Jake "The Snake" Roberts rather than Carmine Persico, but maybe I'm wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

This is a career defining time for Connor. He has the raw ability to be a regular international but sometimes is his own worst enemy. Hopefully he is maturing more and his best football with Hull is yet to come.

He was having an excellent season before his injury. Fingers crossed he can come back and pick up where he left off. We just need to make sure we are in the playoff spots and then who knows. I'm confident we can beat anyone in a one off game if players like him perform to their ability.

8 minutes ago, MZH said:

He was having an excellent season before his injury. Fingers crossed he can come back and pick up where he left off. We just need to make sure we are in the playoff spots and then who knows. I'm confident we can beat anyone in a one off game if players like him perform to their ability.

I really like what Hodgson is doing and he is create a backbone at Hull that has been missing for a while. As you say, SL is all about timing and having your best players playing well at the right time in the season. Connor has shown he can win big games and Hull will hopefully benefit from his maturity over the next year or two.

43 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I really like what Hodgson is doing and he is create a backbone at Hull that has been missing for a while. As you say, SL is all about timing and having your best players playing well at the right time in the season. Connor has shown he can win big games and Hull will hopefully benefit from his maturity over the next year or two.

Yes Hodgson is doing good work, we currently sit 7th but that really doesn't tell the story. Things were looking really positive until injuries and a couple of vivid outbreaks derailed our season a little bit. But even with a lot of key players missing we have scrapped and competed well in defeat and that's something you could rarely say under Radford.

Now we are getting important players back just in time for the end of season push.

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

Yes Hodgson is doing good work, we currently sit 7th but that really doesn't tell the story. Things were looking really positive until injuries and a couple of vivid outbreaks derailed our season a little bit. But even with a lot of key players missing we have scrapped and competed well in defeat and that's something you could rarely say under Radford.

Now we are getting important players back just in time for the end of season push.

Main thing is the difference between wins and losses. Was always shocked to see Hull get whacked by huge scores so many times under Radford, then seemingly snag a big win the week after. You are never going to compete at the top of the table with such a spread of inconsistent performances.

Archived