North Wales Crusaders

Peter Winthorpe

Barrow lose . So we stay top just hope it was a bad day at the office today .We have got to play better next week .. We don't want to finish second .as the league stands now NW would play Doncaster at home and the winner plays Barrow . So we need to get automatic promotion. The way NW played today I wouldn't like to face them again .even if they got moved up the field with help from the Ref. They still looked good ..  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out muscled, out thought and came up against a well drilled crusaders side. Thankfully nothing lost as barrow got beat but I think a win would have seen us promoted and basically given a free swing against donny as we could have probably afforded to lose that game. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

58 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Well beat by a simple game plan from much bigger and more physical side, bad day at the office, maybe the reality check we needed?

...and lets be honest more creative. Holroyd and Doran apart we didn't worry their defence too much

The enforced change at hooker didnt work, apart from Marwood sparking us up for a while. You've got a guy who's been playing prop there but as I said it was enforced. Everybody's talking about forward size but we've played bigger packs all year, apart from the ref piggy backing them up field for three tries the difference to others we've played was the size of the backs against inexperienced wingers and centres who went missing in defence. Let's see how Chris gets them back on track after his first heavy defeat in charge. 

9 minutes ago, David69 said:

All credit to nwc. They were better than us today. Ref didn t do us any favours today. At least we still top, bit wont be easy  at doncaster. Hooefully a couple more back next week. Have i missed something is dec n matty injured.

Matty was sitting in stand , hope he’s back . Hopefully one or two to bolster the backs , we’ve heard nothing on the severity of Alex’s knee injury unless I missed it ?

Its been a good season and one bad day at the office shouldn't spoil that but looking at the bigger picture does the current squad want to be going into the championship? I think we need to keep rebuilding under Chris and another season in C1 wouldn't be a disaster.  

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

I think for most of the season we’ve probably exceeded our expectations given the young squad and relative lack of size in the forwards. That was shown today by a very dominant physical side. We were never able to get the game played at a speed that would utilise our mobility in the forwards due to their physical dominance and constant lying on which slowed everything down. A bad day at the office,  let’s hope we get some bodies back over the next 3 weeks and do a bit of try line defence in training!!

Bang on. We've punched above our weight all season, put that down to great coaching and a will to win from the players. We've won at Crusaders, Hunslet and Keighley and drawn away to Barrow, unfortunately our home form has let us down. Still top and we would have all taken that at the start of the season. Barrow are punching well below their weight compared to us, they must be gutted. Could be an interesting few weeks and would be amazed if Crusaders lose again. UTT. 

3 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

This as  been coming for a while, we need a couple of big forwards.

Or a better tactical kicking game !! Anyhow , when all’s said and done Town are top of the league and have it in their hands with 3 games to go … it’s been one hell of an effort  so far , from all concerned 👏 👏 👏 

44 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

What was the crowd today.

The commentators never referred to it.

It sounded pretty flat  or was that because we were always behind.

We have to take what crusaders did today and do to donny and get revenge.

Changes in the 17 need to be made and hopefully injuries can ease it showed today like previous years and what thorman had addressed We lacked size on the edges. 

Confident they can address this and finish off strong in thorman We trust 

Best team won, no doubt about it. Chance for our lads to take stock and attack the remaining games with barrow getting beat. Ref was very poor but don't think a different ref would have changed the outcome.

Gabe back next week, Henson back next week (tonsillitis). Heard we won't see stevie till a good while into next season and we may not see Miller this season. 

We missed that bit of grit/aggression when we needed it. Just a bump in the road. 

Archived