North Wales Crusaders

Peter Winthorpe

Many thanks Nero,

It's just a shame we build the crowd of lapsed fans and get well beat.

I live 380 miles away and don't get down often  but it was a difficult listen today.

At least the 1457 crowd should have helped the clubs finances a little and shown the potential.

Next week is simple, win and we should be promoted, lose and we will probable get a rerun of today in the playo

We would have settled for that at the start and can't be ad bad twice.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone can moan all they want, popular side was ref this ref that, we got out enthused by a well driven crusaders side who done the basics right. Yes we were under strength and yes we were poor but they were very good and no mugs, a massive danger to the play-offs. Outside backs was too big for ours and they took advantage. Fair play 

barrow losing is a favour 2/3 wins and we are champions, so let’s get behind they boys! UTT

Although Cus gave 100% yesterday, after he took another knock on his knee in the 1st half he looked like he was on one leg when he came back on in 2nd half. I doubt he would have been playing if Dec and Matty were fit. Also a bit worried about the disciplinary on Thursday given what happened in the Barrow friendly, there were 2 hits just after their player passed the ball which we were penalised for but you never know what the rfl will do with those now if the ref mentions it in his report.

I think it’s going to be tough to win the next 3 given the injuries and inexperience of those younger players coming in, hopefully manage 2 and hope Penky and Fui have a blast against Barrow. If we manage to do it then we’ll certainly have earned it. 

Having worked % out if Barrow win all 3 and we win 2 they’ll win the league, if we managed just 1 and NWC win all 3 we’ll finish 3rd, if we don’t win any I don’t want to think about it. 😂

I'd put cain in the front row. Very ineffective out wide yesterday. We need some size down the middle and he must be one of the biggest if not the biggest in the squad. Also we force a goal line drop out with the first kick of the game then we revert to providing a nice comfortable catches from the restart for the rest of the game. Then mini up and unders providing the FB with a nice comfortable catch under no pressure, dear me put it into the clouds and get all over the FB

20 hours ago, silverfox said:

We don't want to finish second .as the league stands now NW would play Doncaster at home and the winner plays Barrow .

Think you have the wrong format pal if the season finished today:

4th (Doncaster) Vs 5th (Keighley)

2nd (Barrow) Vs 3rd (North Wales) winner to final

------

Loser of 2nd Vs 3rd play at home to winner of 4th vs 5th winner to final

-------

Final at highest league placed team

Many thanks Nero,

It's just a shame we build the crowd of lapsed fans and get well beat.

I live 380 miles away and don't get down often  but it was a difficult listen today.

At least the 1457 crowd should have helped the clubs finances a little and shown the potential.

Next week is simple, win and we should be promoted, lose and we will probable get a rerun of today in the playo

We would have settled for that at the start and can't be ad bad twice.

Agree with most posters on here , North Wales were very well drilled and just to big and dominant for us............would have been nice to see some officials with eyes though , only one Team penalised for offsides , and forward passes being ignored all game , i think their day was summed up when North Wales led 26-12 and had a conversion , it seemed to be going wide and then curled in , both touches flagged it wide , everyone where i stood thought it went over .No one thought we would be top at this stage of the season and the Team have done a great job so far , lets hope we have a few back next week and can have a real go at Donny .UTT .

1 hour ago, TOWN TILL I DIE said:

Think you have the wrong format pal if the season finished today:

4th (Doncaster) Vs 5th (Keighley)

2nd (Barrow) Vs 3rd (North Wales) winner to final

------

Loser of 2nd Vs 3rd play at home to winner of 4th vs 5th winner to final

-------

Final at highest league placed team

Betfred League 1 Promotion Play-offs – All games live on Our League* 

September 17/18

Elimination play-off: 5th v 6th

Qualifying play-off: 3rd v 4th

September 24/25

Elimination semi-final: Loser of 3rd v 4th versus winner of 5th v 6th

Qualifying semi-final: 2nd versus winner of 3rd v 4th – winners go straight to grand final

October 2/3

Preliminary Final: Loser of qualifying semi-final versus winner of elimination semi

October 10 (TBC) – Promotion Play-off Final

*Play-off fixtures dates to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
All games will be played at the home ground of the highest-ranked team in the final table.

30 minutes ago, Derwent Park SC said:

Betfred League 1 Promotion Play-offs – All games live on Our League* 

September 17/18

Elimination play-off: 5th v 6th

Qualifying play-off: 3rd v 4th

September 24/25

Elimination semi-final: Loser of 3rd v 4th versus winner of 5th v 6th

Qualifying semi-final: 2nd versus winner of 3rd v 4th – winners go straight to grand final

October 2/3

Preliminary Final: Loser of qualifying semi-final versus winner of elimination semi

October 10 (TBC) – Promotion Play-off Final

*Play-off fixtures dates to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
All games will be played at the home ground of the highest-ranked team in the final table.

Cheers pal shows the confusion even Chris was still talking in his interview after yesterdays game about season being extended and therefore dates being changed the RFL are going to have to come out soon and tell everyone whats going on!

1 hour ago, TOWN TILL I DIE said:

Cheers pal shows the confusion even Chris was still talking in his interview after yesterdays game about season being extended and therefore dates being changed the RFL are going to have to come out soon and tell everyone whats going on!

Exactly, they make everything so confusing and I don’t understand why. Keep it simple. No doubt they will extend the season and cause even more confusion 

So looking at that  finishing second at least we get a week off and two chances at home for a final at home  . I’d have bitten your hand off for that in the spring tbh . I really really hope we do Donny because we owe them and I think we’ll go on and win it , but if it’s the play offs so be it . I wouldn’t fear playing crusaders again or anyone tbh ,  there’s no one we haven’t seen and matched . We just need fingers crossed to be as strong as possible personnel wise . This either way is a massive opportunity for us to get out this league , especially with so much uncertainty . We just must  grab it

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Not sure but I think Beharrel hasn't been playing for Donny the past few weeks. He played yesterday, different team with him in. 

Think he was suspended mate. Listened to an interview Carl Hall did for the Donny website before the Barrow game, he said he’d been suspended. Was a good listen especially regarding players who’ve had covid and how they lose their fitness levels, and how the clubs have no idea what’s happening next year. 

Hi All,

First up...thanks for the hospitality at Derwent Park on Sunday, and for all the fans who came over to congratulate us on our win.

Second...some honest assessment on here about our win, not "lucky win" comment ans not much berating of the match officials; although there was quite a bit in the crowd on Sunday - but we all do it!

I think we played a bit more than 'straight forward rugby'; we mad some good shapes and moved the ball well. Our completion rate was in the 80% area for the first 20 minutes and then dropped and back came Workington. First half you made good use of the ball we spilt and it was reflected in the score. Second half some of your players were getting frustrated with decisions and I think it effected their game.

I though your No.2 was a handful and several times he got away from tackles.

Maybe we'll meet again before October is out, who knows!

Poor result yesterday but on to the next match , great crowd of nearly 1500 considering NW only brought a mini bus full, anyone know our average for this year? Our good friends down the road must be a bit worried tho they don't seem to be getting much more than 700 consider they are a league higher, should have more traveling fans attending and been on a winning streak lately. Not a dig just an observation.

19 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Poor result yesterday but on to the next match , great crowd of nearly 1500 considering NW only brought a mini bus full, anyone know our average for this year? Our good friends down the road must be a bit worried tho they don't seem to be getting much more than 700 consider they are a league higher, should have more traveling fans attending and been on a winning streak lately. Not a dig just an observation.

We normally take a 53-seater coach but there were a lot on holiday, Wales RL U-16s and U-17s were playing against England in Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay (about 700 at that event)and we still have a lot of people who wont travel due to close contact/covid fears....remember Wales had different rules and we returned to playing in from tho crowds far later than England.

16 on our bus, plus a handful of cars too, Id say about 25 Cru fans there, so you had a tremendous crowd. Were hoping to top 1000 for our home game against Rochdale

21 minutes ago, gogledd said:

We normally take a 53-seater coach but there were a lot on holiday, Wales RL U-16s and U-17s were playing against England in Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay (about 700 at that event)and we still have a lot of people who wont travel due to close contact/covid fears....remember Wales had different rules and we returned to playing in from tho crowds far later than England.

16 on our bus, plus a handful of cars too, Id say about 25 Cru fans there, so you had a tremendous crowd. Were hoping to top 1000 for our home game against Rochdale

I hope the guy who left his wallet on the bus got it back 😂. I hope you get a good turnout you deserve the support 

Had a go at summing it  up on the Radio. Crusaders executed better and won the ruck. Yes some questionable decision but this is league one and it happens right though the game. An off day can happen to the best of teams. I think if you'd said at the start of the season you'd do the double over Keighley, draw at Barrow and be 1st with 3 games to go even the most optimistic Town fan would've had a chuckle and that's taking nothing away from CT and the lads who've been brilliant throughout the season. 

Need to get behind them and push them over the line. Yes it was a sickerner on Sunday but 1 game shouldn't defy a season. 

Archived